Author Topic: Drzewiecki Tallinn (EETN)  (Read 4875 times)

Panman

Drzewiecki Tallinn (EETN)
« on: August 25, 2014, 11:05:41 am »
It would seem that upon installing this software that GSX no longer loads automatically when starting FSX.

I have checked my [Trusted] section in my fsx.cfg and coatl entry is there.

I originally posted this on the Drzewiecki forum and they acknowledged this and said that currently GSX and Tallinn are not compatible.  I will be reinstalling GSX as they recommended.  I'm just wondering if FSDT and Drzewiecki could work together to solving this problem as Drzewicki intend to use this new feature in all upcoming sceneries and I don't want a broken GSX because of it.

PanMan

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Drzewiecki Tallinn (EETN)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 03:04:26 pm »
He knew it broke GSX, and still released it... he should fix it.   ???
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 05:04:03 pm »
Do they use some kind of add-on module ? That's the only explanation I can think of why a scenery wouldn't be compatible with GSX, the other being released with a defective AFCAD.

Panman

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 05:28:46 pm »
Yes it's called SimObjectDisplayEngine (SODE for short).

So far it stops EZDOK and GSX from loading at FSX startup.  Waiting to see if anything else is affected.

PanmaN

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 06:08:00 pm »
I just looked at the web site for SODE, it's made to allow developers to control animations based on events or triggers, such as opening and closing hangar doors.  Might explain why it breaks Couatl.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

sas407

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 08:11:57 pm »
I found out the problem why UT2, ezca and GSX didnĀ“t start..the exe.xml (C:\Users\Niclas\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX) with command lines for ezca, UT2 and couatl(gsx) were empty except for command lines for SODE. SODE deleted my existing file when I installed EETN and this is now confirmed by DD

http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=280&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Panman

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 11:55:29 pm »
Well I manually added them back into the exe.xml file and all is well.  Though at Tallinn I can only use either GSX or SODE but not both.  Depending on what stand I use will govern whether I use GSX or SODE.  One with a jetty then SODE, one with out then GSX.  But fancy overwriting and not appending to a fsx xml config file....

PanmaN

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 01:38:10 pm »
But fancy overwriting and not appending to a fsx xml config file...

I found their explanation even more disturbing:

I was not aware that this file is used by other add-ons (scenery developers usually don't need it), hence why the problem occur.

The "scenery developers usually don't need it" doesn't make any sense: even if it's not common for scenery developers to add their own modules to the EXE.XML file (but THEY did it!!), it's not obviously a good reason to wipe it out and replace it anew, instead of using proper XML parsers to add their section in the correct way, like we did for ages, and of course the EXE.XML is used by MANY other 3rd party modules, like UT2, Saitek, GoFlight, Opus, EzDoc Camera, and many others, without even considering GSX and/or XPOI, that aren't sceneries, and all of them will be disabled by this faulty installer.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 02:03:50 pm »
This is what can happen when you beta test your own sceneries, community beta testers would've been all over them about this.

w6kd

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2019, 09:41:42 pm »
Well I manually added them back into the exe.xml file and all is well.  Though at Tallinn I can only use either GSX or SODE but not both.  Depending on what stand I use will govern whether I use GSX or SODE.  One with a jetty then SODE, one with out then GSX.  But fancy overwriting and not appending to a fsx xml config file....

This is an old problem, but while I was doing some digging into this scenery today, I found that DD used a different naming convention in their SODE sdx file (the jetway gates are named Gate_A in the sdx file) and in the airport/ADE file (the jetway gates are named "Gate" without the "A").  If you rename the terminal parking spots in ADE, changing "Gate" to "Gate_A", and recompile, then GSX finds the SODE jetways and controls them just fine.

Regards

Bob Scott