Author Topic: Could GSX cause 'shaking' display?  (Read 1941 times)

Captain45

Could GSX cause 'shaking' display?
« on: September 05, 2019, 12:32:57 pm »
Using P3Dv4.5; QualityWings787 and GSX on the default ZSPD airport.
During pushback the aircraft's GPWS starts to shout 'too low, flaps' repeatedly. Impossible to stop that. And after making the turn, the display starts shaking like crazy.
The only solution is to RESET P3D and, of course, reprogram the kite for the flight.
It did not happen to me (yet) on Fly Tampa's EHAM. It happened to me yesterdag on ZSPD, but after a reset GSX worked as it should, no problem. But today (doing the same flight again), the 'too low, flaps' and the shaking happened 2 times in a row (also after the reset). So after putting the aircraft by 'Y' on the right position and not using GSX for pushback, all went well (obviously).

Could this have anything to do with the kind of pushbacktruck and if so, can this be avoided?

Thank you,

Dirk
PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.5; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -various, Chaseplane, GSX. Notebook: AS4-ASCA,  AivlaSoft EFB.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Could GSX cause 'shaking' display?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 12:57:46 pm »
Could this have anything to do with the kind of pushbacktruck and if so, can this be avoided?

Sure it can, as indicated in the August 6th Update notes:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

NEW: Pushback Dummy Event can be configured in the Airplane configuration window, for better compatibility with 3rd party airplanes that don’t detects GSX pushback, but detects the default one and turn off their internal nosewheel simulation only during a default pushback.

It depends both on the airplane flight model and the scenery too. Not all planes responds the same to small imperfections in the underlying scenery mesh.

Captain45

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 10:05:29 am »
Thanks Umberto
As I found out on the QW forum I'm not the only one. ;D
By the way.... the mouse-over-text at pushbackDummyEvent on the Customize aircraft window belongs to the Show FSX 'Fuel and Cargo' function. But you'll probably know that already.

Greetings

Dirk
PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.5; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -various, Chaseplane, GSX. Notebook: AS4-ASCA,  AivlaSoft EFB.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 01:33:44 pm »
As I found out on the QW forum I'm not the only one.

Nobody said you were the only one. That's why we added that option to begin with. There are just too many airplanes out there, and we couldn't possibly test them all, but some works very well.

The main issue is, the airplane doesn't expect to be pitched up so, its systems are probably assuming it's "flying", but it's not. It could be fixed by the airplane developers, if they checked the FSDT_VAR_Frozen var, which is documented in the manual, so they would know precisely the moment GSX takes control of the pushback, and turn off whatever system they need (only them can possibly know which systems could be affected) to prevent any strange effects while being pushed.

the mouse-over-text at pushbackDummyEvent on the Customize aircraft window belongs to the Show FSX 'Fuel and Cargo' function. But you'll probably know that already.

Of course, we'll try to fix it in the next update.