Author Topic: GSX COUATL crash FSX V2.6  (Read 3732 times)

N2550F

GSX COUATL crash FSX V2.6
« on: July 28, 2019, 08:58:14 pm »
So I've been fighting this problem for the past week with no avail, I've searched countless other forum posts about the possible things that could be causing the crash but no solution I could find has worked, just a little background of what I have done. Uninstalled and re installed GSX without firewall and defender on (obvious), checked FSX.CFG to make sure the sim object library placement is correct, updated 2005 redistributable, and even chacked the addon.xml to make sure the installer was doing its update but I'm out of ideas so maybe you guys the devs can help I have attached the error log given at the crash The airport this test was ran was at flightbeam KMSP using a trike, the error seems to replicate itself at FSDT airports with sode jetways so in order to even get addon manager to load without crashing because of jetway models I had to load GSX at a non COUATL ran airport.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX COUATL crash FSX V2.6
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 02:30:34 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, of course. It seems GSX cannot find its objects, and this is usually caused by:

- A corrupted FSX.CFG, which the GSX installer couldn't update it with the lines containing the GSX objects paths, since the GSX installer won't try to touch an already corrupted FSX.CFG, which is usually the result of having edited by hand, but can also caused by bugged installers of other products.

OR

- Another product that has *reset* the FSX.CFG file to a previous version, one that didn't contained the lines added by the GSX installer. If this utility has a backup to restore from, it must be recreated *after* installing GSX, so it won't revert the file to a non-working version, in case it needs to reset it.

OR

- Wrong registry keys for FSX. You don't say which FSX you use but, assuming you use the Steam version, a very common problem of registry corruption is when you install the Steam version with the original FSX installed, then you removed the original FSX without reinstalling the Steam version. This would confuse proper products like GSX which supports both sims independently. The same problem could also happen if you use 3rd party utilities that in trying to "help" you installing add-ons not recognizing the Steam version, corrupts the registry to fool installers not compatible with Steam which, again, would confuse proper installers like GSX which supports both sims independently and must recognize them separately.

N2550F

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 06:29:48 am »
Referring to scenarios 1 and 2 the FSX.CFG lines that specify CFG sim object orders are in there correct order and nothing but Navigraph data has been updated since the last GSX update (2.6) and my sim version is the original boxed FSX from Microsoft, so any more details or files I can provide to help resolve this issue I will be happy to turn over.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 02:56:18 pm »
Referring to scenarios 1 and 2 the FSX.CFG lines that specify CFG sim object orders are in there correct order

Please post the section containing SimobjectPaths lines. The whole section.

The issue is, because of the 3rd issue in my previous reply ( problem with registry keys ), it's possible the FSX.CFG in use is not even the one you think it is. Or, the opposite, the one changed by the GSX installer is the wrong one, because the GSX installer was confused by the wrong registry keys.

A very easy way to tell if you might have registry issues is if you have only FSX:Steam edition installed ( no FSX ), but you DO have this folder:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX-SE

Then your registry is SURELY wrong, because this folder is not supposed to exists if only FSX:SE is installed.

N2550F

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 05:48:31 pm »
[Main]
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects
SimObjectPaths.7=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects
SimObjectPaths.8=C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.9=C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Legacy
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
ProcSpeed=5200
PerfBucket=7
Maximized=1
Location=-9,-9,1929,1039,\\.\DISPLAY1
HideMenuNormal=0
HideMenuFullscreen=1
DisablePreload=0
[PANELS]
IMAGE_QUALITY=1
DEFAULT_VIEW=0
QUICKTIPS=1
PANEL_OPACITY=100
PANEL_MASKING=1
PANEL_STRETCHING=1
UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0

After looking at my current CFG and a backup saved by GSX and other backups an order has been changed, however, FSX steam is not installed on my PC, I use the super old FSX acceleration straight out of the box so I dont image the installer being led down the wrong file path. I also tried using the Simobjectpaths from the Backup CFG to see if that order would affect the error with no joy but here are the original lines before trying the backup.

N2550F

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 06:14:39 pm »
?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 10:29:29 pm »
You haven't replied to this:

A very easy way to tell if you might have registry issues is if you have only FSX:Steam edition installed ( no FSX ), but you DO have this folder:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX-SE

Then your registry is SURELY wrong, because this folder is not supposed to exists if only FSX:SE is installed.

So, it's not clear where the FSX.CFG file you posted is coming from.

N2550F

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2019, 10:56:53 pm »
This is the FSX.CFG lines currently in use. As seen on another forum post you guys have added more objects and object libraries with the latest update, my previous post is the current CFG in use with those library orders. Again I am running the Original Boxed CD flight simulator from 2006 with SP2 I do not have steam installed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 03:39:47 pm »
I assume you have installed GSX in this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager

Correct ?

N2550F

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2019, 10:13:09 pm »
Correct

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2019, 11:18:06 am »
I'm sorry, but if you are still having the same error of your first log, the only possible explanation the FSX.CFG you posted (you posted just a section, not the whole file, so I couldn't possibly know if it had other problems), is not the one FSX is using.

This because the required lines are there, and the object which cannot be found is surely installed in GSX. Are you sure you never installed FSX:Steam, not even once to try it ?

N2550F

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2019, 10:32:55 pm »
Here is my full CFG ill continue to dig with the help of the forums, if you guys cant figure it out its not a huge deal being that im currently getting ready to switch to P3D and take advantage off all the new stuff that GSX L2 has to offer but if I can fix it I'll post what ive found. On the other hand, excited to see this product on a 64-bit platform.