Author Topic: Catering Companies  (Read 1477 times)

RFarmah

Catering Companies
« on: August 29, 2019, 12:56:13 am »
With GSX, I sometimes have the choice of being able to choose from a list of operators at certain parking spots, while other times a operator is assigned. My question is what do I need to do for GSX to prompt me of a choice pf which catering company I'd like. For instance this is available at Sydney at certain spots.

I would like to be able to activate this for certain spots so that I can choose a catering provider (Gate Gourmet or LSG, etc.) depending on the airline. I know it can be done but just am not sure how, so any guidance would be great.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Catering Companies
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 02:47:32 am »
Please don't double-post.

I think I already explained why you can't do that easily in FSX in another thread in which you made the same question. Before the PBR update, we had a PaintKit document which explained the scoring system for assigning operators in airports.

However, after the latest PBR update for P3D4, in order to make the software faster and more flexible in P3D4, we had to stop supporting the old PaintKit, if you want to read it, you can download a copy of the document here:

http://update.fsdreamteam.com/GSX_PaintKit_manual.pdf

However, in the PaintKit manual you'll see many references on objects installed in their _USER folders. These were included with the old PaintKit installer but now, after the update, we changed a lot many files and their location, most of the FSX objects are now in the Simobjects\Legacy folder and many have changed as well.

That's why I'm posting just the manual, maybe you could read it and understand how the system works