Author Topic: Problem gsx ground operators  (Read 1802 times)

Nddcpt

Problem gsx ground operators
« on: August 27, 2019, 10:18:13 am »
For some days I have been experiencing a problem that I cannot solve and until a few days ago everything worked perfectly.
When I go to the gate of any airport with any plane and call the gsx menu, the various commands appear directly. If, for example, I select the deboarding, only two ground operators appear to me that do not have anything to do with my aircraft or I have an operator selected automatically. Same thing for catering, I have no possibility to select the service I want. I tried to uninstall but the problem remains and I don't know what to do anymore. I have not changed anything from afcad or from the gate settings

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem gsx ground operators
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 12:47:25 pm »
As explained so many times on the forum, and of course on the manual:

- Your own airplane airline doesn't have any effect on the choice of the GSX ground or catering operators. It would be wrong if it did, since ground operators change by airport, your personal ground crew surely cannot follow you everywhere in the world.

- Your own airplane airline, instead, affects ONLY the choice of ULD containers loaded, because in this case, it's to be expected you'll use your own containers, and they should follow you from departure to destination. This works only if your airplane has its atc_airline_codes sets correctly in the aircraft.cfg file

- Sometimes you don't see the operator menu, which is normal, in all cases in which only once choice would be available, since no other operator had the highest score for that airport/parking combination.

Nddcpt

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 06:44:09 pm »
But until a couple of days ago everything worked perfectly. I was able to choose the operator, the catering service, etc. I fly with alitalia livery on fiumicino with mega airport Rome scenario. Alitalia is present for strength.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 06:59:49 pm »
But until a couple of days ago everything worked perfectly

It's working perfectly even now, because they way I explained it, is how it's supposed to work.

. I was able to choose the operator, the catering service, etc. I fly with alitalia livery on fiumicino with mega airport Rome scenario. Alitalia is present for strength.

Again, the livery you fly never had ANY effect on the choice of operators, only the ULD containers. It has been like this since GSX was released. As I've said, if you are not offered to choose an operator is either because:

- only once choice is possible

OR

- you edited the parking yourself and changed the operator so, again, only once choice is possible

OR

- you created a global override, by setting the Virtual Airline override in the GSX setting, so you are now seeing the same operator everywhere.