Author Topic: GSX level 2 not sending bus and passengers to stand.  (Read 3867 times)

Nixon

GSX level 2 not sending bus and passengers to stand.
« on: March 04, 2020, 02:22:43 am »
I purchased GSX Level 2 on the 18th February 2020 and everything was working correctly. Unfortunately on the advice of the company who built my computer and to solve a Windows 10 problem, I restored to an earlier date. I then reinstalled GSX with level 2. I flew the FSLabs A319 and none of the GSX level 2 integration worked. I checked to see if level 2 was activated and it wasn't. I therefore activated it and assumed that had cured this issue. Tonight I flew PMDG's NGXu and again there was no bus or people present. The pushback worked as it should and I could get the catering vehicles. When I only had GSX level 1, an empty bus would appear at non jetway stands, yet tonight I didn't even see that.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards
Nixon Thomas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX level 2 not sending bus and passengers to stand.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 08:54:32 am »
It's not possible to help you with a so sparse description of the problem. Please indicate all the following:

- the airport used

- the gate used

- if you customized the airport or downloaded a pre-made GSX customization. If yes, please indicate which one

- if you customized the airplane. Both FS Labs and PMDG are fully supported by GSX, so they don't require any customization.

- the precise, exact, sequence of operations you did in GSX

- if the problem happened on departure, or on landing only, or both.

Nixon

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 11:51:44 am »
Hi
Thanks for your reply.

FSLabs A319 flight
Departure airport UK2000's Liverpool Xtreme gate 5. Boarding time entered in the AOC together with the fuel upload. Fuelling sent first but nothing arrived nor did the bus with people arrive after the requested boarding time.
Arrival airport UK 2000's Jersey Xtreme gate 12. I can't remember the exact sequence of operations as this was my first completed flight in the FSLabs A319 or any FSLabs Airbus but no bus arrived.

PMDG NGXu 737-800 flight
Departure airport UK2000's Luton 2020HD gate 6. Catering requested via GSX drop down menu and successfully provided, boarding requested after catering via same menu and stairs placed by both L1 and L2 doors. Cargo vehicles appeared and luggage loaded correctly. No bus or people appeared yet informed that everyone had boarded.
Arrival airport MK Studio's Dublin gate 110, deboarding requested, stairs placed at both L1 and L2 doors yet again no bus appeared, yet told that all passengers had deboarded, cargo vehicles arrived and baggage unloaded correctly.

Before the computer restore I had successfully used GSX level 2 with PMDG's NGXu 737-700.

None of the gates used in the above two flights had jetways.

I deliberately decided to use PMDG's NGXu for the second flight as I have successfully used that plane with GSX before installing level 2.

I have not customised the gates or planes. I have not downloaded any GSX customisation files.

Regards
Nixon

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 12:18:33 pm »
I'd say check your GSX settings, make sure you didn't somehow turn the passenger density down or otherwise disable them somehow.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 01:47:33 pm »
No bus or people appeared yet informed that everyone had boarded.

This is not very clear. Normally, you are supposed to see a running passenger count on the top green bar and THEN ( after boarding is completed ), a message that boarding is completed. Have you see this ? If yes, how was the passenger count ?

Are you using the "Estimate Passenger Number" option ? If yes, GSX will estimate the passenger number from the airplane payload. If not, you will be asked to set the passenger number manually.

Nixon

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2020, 02:20:37 pm »
The green band with a running count of people boarding appears and then says that boarding is complete. I am using the "Estimate Passenger Number" option and have set the passenger density to dense. In fact I am doing everything exactly as I did before the system restore and then it worked perfectly.

What do you mean by "how was the passenger count"?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2020, 02:31:51 pm »
What do you mean by "how was the passenger count"?

How many passengers were estimated ( you said the Estimate option is On ), how many boarded. The count.

Nixon

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2020, 03:50:21 pm »
I was trying to fly the plane and didn't actually take any notice of the actual numbers.

Nixon

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2020, 04:17:37 pm »
Hi
If it would help I could do another flight with the PMDG's NGXu. It could be from one of your airports ie JFKv2 to say Fly Tampa's Boston. If you tell me what information would be useful, I can make sure that I collect that and report back.

Regards
Nixon

C130

• "With your eyes turned skywards...."
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2020, 05:49:22 pm »
Hi
If it would help I could do another flight with the PMDG's NGXu. It could be from one of your airports ie JFKv2 to say Fly Tampa's Boston. If you tell me what information would be useful, I can make sure that I collect that and report back.

Regards
Nixon

I would check the GSX Editor. Check "disable passenger bus" isn't selected.

If the editor looks good and that includes aircraft editor, then I'd uninstall GSX and reinstall. Don't forget to run live update.....in fact, I'd do that first!
Good luck
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

Nixon

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2020, 12:26:53 pm »
Hi Virtuali
I would appreciate your views on my suggestions in reply no 8 above.
Regards
Nixon

Nixon

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2020, 11:56:36 pm »
Hi

Regards
Nixon

I would check the GSX Editor. Check "disable passenger bus" isn't selected.

If the editor looks good and that includes aircraft editor, then I'd uninstall GSX and reinstall. Don't forget to run live update.....in fact, I'd do that first!
Good luck

Thanks C130 and my apologies for not getting back to you earlier. I have only now been able to run P3D and I have found that at all the gates I used on the two successive flight had "disabled passenger bus selected". I have unchecked at all those gates and have successfully had the bus and passengers appear. So the "problem" was in fact caused by a coincidence!

Regards
Nixon