Author Topic: Problems re-registering GSX 2.6  (Read 1600 times)

markaduncan

Problems re-registering GSX 2.6
« on: August 21, 2019, 05:11:40 pm »
Good afternoon,

I downloaded this software yesterday. Seemed to install OK; I tried it out and then decided to purchase it.

I received the activation key and registered it. All fine.

Later last night I started to experience many problems with FSX; ie, could not see the aircraft in the Free Flight window; when entering Fly Now, the screen was totally sky blue and zooming out would show me the planet Earth, although could be best described as Uranus, so featureless was it.

I uninstalled GSX as that was the last thing to be installed, but I didn't remove the Add-on Manager from the Add-Ons drop down.

I still had the problem, so it wasn't GSX. I then restored Win10 using a restore point from a week ago. I then ran the repair FSX using the original Disks and applied SP1 and SP2.

All was well today, so I decided to reinstall GSX.

It all went in fine, or so I thought. I opened the Add-On manager. It looked different from the one yesterday, but I carried on anyway. Went to the registration dialog box and entered my Activation key (6 groups of 5 characters, separated by hyphens).
The result was that it rejected the key, stating that "...it does not look like your serial number, it should look like FSDTGSX-xxxx-yyyy-zzzz-xxxx-yyyy".

The Add-on Manager version is 3.1.0.1, and as I said earlier, looks different from the one I used yesterday.

What is wrong and how can I fix it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems re-registering GSX 2.6
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 05:20:21 pm »
The result was that it rejected the key, stating that "...it does not look like your serial number, it should look like FSDTGSX-xxxx-yyyy-zzzz-xxxx-yyyy".  The Add-on Manager version is 3.1.0.1, and as I said earlier, looks different from the one I used yesterday.

That version is YEARS old, how you could possibly still have it ?

Download and install the current GSX installer from our site.

markaduncan

Re: Problems re-registering GSX 2.6
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 06:12:06 pm »
Wow!! Great support, really fast!!! Thank you.

I found the problem. I had downloaded GSX a few years ago and had the original installer in my downloads folder. When I downloaded the new installer into the downloads folder it had the same name as the old installer so appended (1) to the file name. When I installed GSX after the repair, I used the original one I had downloaded, not realising that the new one had been moved to another directory.

OK, all installed, working and activated. Thanks for your help!!!