Author Topic: Umberto -Have you had the chance to view my files I sent via support email?  (Read 4803 times)

XCLTM3

Hi Umberto,

per this post -

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21549.0.html

I sent the email several days ago, just waiting on your response please.

Thank You
Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Sorry, but I haven't got any time to look at them, we are quite busy finishing O'Hare and another GSX update, all at the same time.

XCLTM3

Ok, but why ask me to send them to you if you're unable to look at them and assess them for me in an acceptable time frame?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Ok, but why ask me to send them to you if you're unable to look at them and assess them for me in an acceptable time frame?
I mean, he was going to need to see them anyway in order to try to solve it for you, so I'm not sure what the issue is.
Captain Kevin

ols500

'Ok, but why ask me to send them to you if you're unable to look at them and assess them for me in an acceptable time frame?'

Do you have any f***ing patience?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl

Real world story: I found a bug in a PROFESSIONAL software we use for animation, costing in the range of about 1000$, and was asked by support to send some test files to them. This happened in January. They replied to me in March, and fixed the bug in August...

Would have been better if they were faster fixing this bug on that expensive professional product ? Sure. Is this strange, "unacceptable" or never heard of ? Of course.

XCLTM3

'Ok, but why ask me to send them to you if you're unable to look at them and assess them for me in an acceptable time frame?'

Why are you even chiming in here?  And what did you hope to gain from using foul language? This topic is irrelevant to you and it seems quite clear you have nothing of value to add (such as a useful suggestion that may resolve my GSX issue) - ergo - stay out of it.

If you don't like the post - don't read it.

goodperson36

Cmon Dude be respectful.... the comment wasn't to you it was to Umberto....

pete_auau

Cmon Dude be respectful.... the comment wasn't to you it was to Umberto....

Maybe  you need  to  read  the  comment  again  clearly it  was  aimed  at op  not  Umberto

goodperson36

Maybe  you need  to  read  the  comment  again  clearly it  was  aimed  at op  not  Umberto

Let me re-phrase what I meant to say. I was saying that the help comment made to the guy wanting the links from umberto was geared towards umberto and not op. We are suppose to be a community of flight simmers that should respect each other but people like op want to pick fights and that is unfortunate.....that’s all I was saying....

pete_auau

Let me re-phrase what I meant to say. I was saying that the help comment made to the guy wanting the links from umberto was geared towards umberto and not op. We are suppose to be a community of flight simmers that should respect each other but people like op want to pick fights and that is unfortunate.....that’s all I was saying....
yep  agree  with you

XCLTM3

Well Umberto,

one thing is certainly clear - you spent a considerable amount of time answering responses from customers today and still haven't responded to mine.

For someone who suggested they were "time poor" due to circumstances outside their control - your actions today seem incongrous.

Also, take note that another forum user here used foul language within this post - is this acceptable within the user guidelines here? Have you bothered to take a look and take necessary action?

Is this the standard of customer service you are specially reserving for me?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
one thing is certainly clear - you spent a considerable amount of time answering responses from customers today and still haven't responded to mine.

For someone who suggested they were "time poor" due to circumstances outside their control - your actions today seem incongrous.

Wrong for several reasons:

- Looking at your files will surely require a lot more time than just replying to a post.

- What you see here, is just a *fraction* of messages I reply to. A lot more are coming by email, and of course the highest priority are given to those that cannot even RUN the product, with those like yours, which are related to user customization, taking less priority, because you can surely use the product even if I'll reply after some days.

- This kind of personalized support level is something you cannot expect or demand. We'll do it anyway, but you simply cannot expect the same response time of normal support request, which most of the time is just repeating something that has been said over and over (so I'll just search an old post and re-post it), and as I've said, yours is not a showstopper issue which is preventing you to *use* the product.

- We are under a release.

- We don't have the same GSX version you have, because we are constantly working on it, which makes both hard to replicate your problem, and it's also possible this might have already be fixed on our internal version.

XCLTM3

It took me no more than 3 minutes to open the 3 ini files, view their contents and then check the contents of the folders you asked me to email you - that's including each of the rules.cfg files within these - referring to the manual regarding custom textures - pgs 33, 34 35 - and as far as I could ascertain per the manual, all seemed in order on my end.  I would imagine with your experience, considerably less time to determine if the issue is on my end or the product.

My point is this: It took you how long to respond to my initial request, then the time taken in your 2nd response, and now the time taken in this latest response?

From a time and efficiency point of view, you could have investigated the issue and advised. On that basis, I'm not expecting/demanding a specialized level of support. That's purely a matter of perception - not reality.

The issue pertaining to the use of unacceptable language in the forum wasn't addressed either, and given it's a breach of the rules and conditions of use of this forum...

In any case, hopefully the new update you're working on will address/resolve the issue.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 01:57:14 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
It took me no more than 3 minutes to open the 3 ini files, view their contents and then check the contents of the folders you asked me to email you -

Of COURSE it won't take much to "open the files", but that's not really the issue, at all. The time is required to see if your problem really happens here and, if it does, debug and troubleshoot our code to do a fix. That will take A LOT longer and, as I've said, will be done in due time.