Author Topic: Troubleshooting GSX L2 Install and SODE  (Read 2282 times)

Hightower

Troubleshooting GSX L2 Install and SODE
« on: July 17, 2019, 10:38:29 am »
Hello,

My apologies for this extra post. I know there is many GSX and SODE posts and troubleshooting tips but I just cant seem to find a solution in my case.

Purchased GSX L2 and installed. Before that , SODE was working and in the addon menu.  Now it is not there and GSX menu says the SODE unavail msg, jetways will not animate. 
I have posted this at 12bpilot, but still dont have an answer. Dont want to point fingers, but one of these 2 are conflicting.
Here is the troubleshooting steps done so far:

Reinstalled SODE 1.64
SODE platform manager both green registered and correct P3D path location.

P3D path location in registry is correct.

Confirmed no duplicate entries in exe and dll xml in programdata folder and roaming. Nothing there.
Addon cfg does have SODE entries.

Simconnect debug log with simconnect.ini made.  Appears to be no errors in the log.

SODE log runs, but also does not appear to have glaring errors.

Watching task manager, SODE actually loads and runs for about 10-20 sec before shutting itself down.  This is the oddest part since there is no error in the log of it quitting. If your run SODE without running p3d, it will naturally give an error of no p3d and this is in the log, so it running with p3d, but shutting down without an error is very odd.

No SODE at all no matter the scenario, airport location.

Ran GSX live update 3x. No change.

Running out of ideas. Im quite certain this is probably something really simple to fix, but it has eluded me so far. Shall I do a complete GSX uninstall and reinstall? Is this even a GSX issue? Otherwise, 12bpilot should be troubleshooting it.

Thanks for your time and work on the last update Umberto.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Troubleshooting GSX L2 Install and SODE
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 03:06:30 pm »
Is this even a GSX issue?

Do I understand correctly that SODE quits when the simulator start, before calling GSX ?

Hightower

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 05:16:26 pm »
Is this even a GSX issue?

Do I understand correctly that SODE quits when the simulator start, before calling GSX ?

I am not sure. It quits long before P3D gets to the scenario startup screen though. Whether it has called GSX or not, I couldnt tell. The log has a bunch of successful completions though.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 08:20:11 am »
Whether it has called GSX or not, I couldnt tell.

If it quits before going to the scenario screen, it's surely nothing related to GSX.

After you start or fly into an airport, GSX calls SODE to know if there are any SODE XML jetways (those not made by GSX), then it calls SODE when you operate a SODE Jetway from the GSX menu and it also calls SODE when you are editing a parking and use the Test function, to know if the jetways will work.

Hightower

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 01:35:26 pm »
Ok Thanks for prompt reply. I will continue to wait for support on the SODE forum.

Cheers