Author Topic: Unable to Abort or Stop Pushback  (Read 7048 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to Abort or Stop Pushback
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 12:54:50 am »
I fully expect the problem to be related to the faux pushback event you push.  It behaves exactly like this, and when we attempt to stop or abort the pushback the faux pushback is remaining active.  That describes it exactly.

Try Live Update now, we made a change that should fix this. I only tried with the PMDG 747-400, and it stops the pushback normally now.

airbadger

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2019, 01:06:59 pm »
I fully expect the problem to be related to the faux pushback event you push.  It behaves exactly like this, and when we attempt to stop or abort the pushback the faux pushback is remaining active.  That describes it exactly.

Try Live Update now, we made a change that should fix this. I only tried with the PMDG 747-400, and it stops the pushback normally now.

After testing this update, the stop/complete and abort functions do work. However, if you warp back into a parking position, it'll start pushing again, but hitting shift+p stops it, so I'm not sure if it's that big of a deal.

disco79stu

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2019, 04:29:13 pm »

As explained so many times on the forum, GSX is NOT sending the wrong bus or vehicle. GSX sends the vehicle related to the number of passenger it has calculated.

And if it's not GSX that calculates the number of passengers, but it's an airplane add-on, the problem is simply the airplane add-on not sending the correct value when GSX needs it.

If you are referring to the FS Labs A320, as I already explained several times, we confirmed with FS Labs the problem doesn't happen, although they reported a couple of users still having it so, the only possible explanation is you are using the FS Labs integration in some way not expected by FS Labs, which is triggering some problem in their code which results the wrong number of passengers sent to GSX.

But I can only repeat and confirm that, when the FS Labs is used correctly, or when GSX is doing the passenger number calculation on its own and you set the payload before Boarding/Deboarding, or when you set GSX to set the passenger number manually yourself, the correct passenger number is used, and the correct vehicle is used.

Well, as a customer I'm a little disappointed by your response, to be honest. And I don't quite understand all of it.

- If the wrong number of passengers were sent, how come that in the final number of passengers is totally correct??? It's just the first bus that is wrong, not the number of passengers.

- Saying GSX is NOT sending the wrong bus is just plain wrong. It is your product that is not working correctly in this situation. It's a GSX bus-model with GSX passenger-models. How is this "not GSX"?

- If it would send the wrong number of passengers to trigger a mini-van, why are over 30 people exiting the van and not just the (wrong) number of 6 or so?

- Why does it work when I do everything the same way and just skip (re)fueling?

- I pretty sure I use both products in the correct way, simply blaming this on the user is just unfair (see well respected blackbox711's stream of yesterday, he had the same bug.... is he using your product wrong in any way? please tell me - and maybe him - if that's the case)

- I have never manage to get the fuel-truck AND the correct bus for the first pax delivery since the latest update. Maybe you can give me a workflow that archieves that, so I can identify my "mistake"...?

Regards,
Stu

downscc

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2019, 05:21:14 pm »
After testing this update, the stop/complete and abort functions do work. However, if you warp back into a parking position, it'll start pushing again, but hitting shift+p stops it, so I'm not sure if it's that big of a deal.

Agree... had I known Shift+P would have stopped it before that would have saved several session restarts.  LOL I just remembered I've deleted most default keycommands I never use so I need to verify that one remains.  Thanks airbadger.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2019, 08:14:13 am »
Well, as a customer I'm a little disappointed by your response, to be honest. And I don't quite understand all of it.

I highlighted the main issue here.

If the wrong number of passengers were sent, how come that in the final number of passengers is totally correct??? It's just the first bus that is wrong, not the number of passengers.

Because the number of passenger is checked again before the first passenger is created. As I've said, the issue is because it was set too late by the airplane, after GSX already decided which Bus to create.

Saying GSX is NOT sending the wrong bus is just plain wrong. It is your product that is not working correctly in this situation. It's a GSX bus-model with GSX passenger-models. How is this "not GSX"?

Wrong. To you GSX is not working correctly, but only because it's not getting the data it needs to work correctly from another addon.

If it would send the wrong number of passengers to trigger a mini-van, why are over 30 people exiting the van and not just the (wrong) number of 6 or so?

Already explained above.

Why does it work when I do everything the same way and just skip (re)fueling?

Because the type of vehicles that will be used, it's decided by GSX only once, when the first service is called. This is because to search through all available vehicles takes some time, so GSX does it only once, not each time you start a different service in the same parking for the same aircraft, since all the conditions that would affect the choice of vehicles would be the same. Of course, as long as GSX is used stand-alone, this won't be a problem but, if it must depend on external data supplied by another add-on, this must be taken into account.

We already had another chat with FS Labs devs, and explained about this so, it should be enough for them to set the control variable with a reasonably high number of passengers that won't result in the minivan or the shuttle being called ( any number higher or equal than 18 will do, since the Bus will be used starting from that ) as soon as the airplane starts, so even if the GSX session starts with the refueling, the Bus will always pre-selected and, considering GSX re-check the number of passengers again before generating them, the final/correct number will always be shown.