Author Topic: Couatl cannot connect to Esellerate  (Read 6509 times)

craig1231

Couatl cannot connect to Esellerate
« on: July 07, 2019, 01:03:02 pm »
Hello,

After using Live update several times, and uninstall & reinstalling, no FSDT products seem to work because Couatl cannot connect to Esellerate :(

This is the couatl log file that is produced. No GSX menu's appear :(

Code: [Select]
Python 2.7.13 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (default, May 22 2017, 13:45:26) [MSC v.1900 32 bit (Intel)] wxPython 3.0.2.0
couatl v3.2 (build 4231)
log started on Sun Jul  7 11:56:25 2019

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to SimConnect
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.
connected to bglmanx
View changed to On-Board
Simulator version: 4 5 12 30293
Running in mode: Prepar3D v4 (bglmanx setting)
Loading addons
Loading addon common
Added Menu Item "Couatl settings" (id 67)
Addon common loaded
Loading addon LiveUpdate
Added Menu Item "Couatl Live Update" (id 69)
Added Menu SubItem "Disable" (parentId 69, id 70)
Addon LiveUpdate loaded
requesting AddOn list to bglmanx
Cannot connect to Esellerate

Kind Regards

Craig

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Couatl cannot connect to Esellerate
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 06:33:37 pm »
Don't know if this would have anything to do with it.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21029.0.html
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 08:21:56 pm »
After using Live update several times, and uninstall & reinstalling, no FSDT products seem to work because Couatl cannot connect to Esellerate

The Esellerate servers are still up, and even after they'll gone, our software won't quit just because it cannot find them.

That specific message only comes up for a single reason: you have explicitly blocked Esellerate from your Windows\System32\drivers\etc\HOST file

Remove all the lines which block esellerate.net from your HOSTS file, and it will work normally. They lines are never supposed to be there.

craig1231

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 11:17:09 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I don't have anything in the hosts file that relates to Esellerate, but I did run the live update again and I now get...

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to SimConnect
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.
connected to bglmanx
Simulator version: 4 5 12 30293
Running in mode: Prepar3D v4 (bglmanx setting)
Loading addons
Loading addon common
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 48, in loadAddons
  File "<string>", line 37, in importAndCreateInstance
  File ".\common\__init__.py", line 141, in <module>
  File ".\common\sceneryAddOn.py", line 4, in <module>
ImportError: No module named sceneryAddOnMulti
{}

The live update did say it removed sceneryAddOnMulti.py from .\common if that helps?

Also when I originally tried downloading the update, it failed half way through because I ran out of disc space. I uninstalled and cleaned up some space and reinstalled. But it still doesn't work :cry

I can provide you with confirmation of purchase if you require?

Kind Regards

Craig
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 11:19:25 pm by craig1231 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 11:19:21 pm »
I don't have anything in the hosts file that relates to Esellerate, but I did run the live update again and I now get...

I can only repeat and confirm the ONLY reason for that message, is the presence of esellerate.net servers inside the Windows HOSTS file.

The live update did say it removed sceneryAddOnMulti.py from .\common if that helps?

This is an entirely different issue, that doesn't have anything to do with it. Run the Live Update again, something (antivirus, most likely) must have interrupted it. Be sure you configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 11:21:12 pm by virtuali »

craig1231

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 11:20:42 pm »
The whole addon manager folder is excluded from all Windows anti-virus software.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 11:21:26 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 11:22:18 pm »
The whole addon manager folder is excluded from all Windows anti-virus software.

Then the only thing left to do, is running the Live Update again, to let it complete where it was interrupted before, for some other reason I cannot possibly know, assuming it's really not the antivirus.

craig1231

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 11:25:43 pm »

Then the only thing left to do, is running the Live Update again, to let it complete where it was interrupted before, for some other reason I cannot possibly know, assuming it's really not the antivirus.

This time it did this...

DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\common\sceneryaddonmulti.pye
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\airports\__init__.pye
Completed

There's nothing in my hosts file, and an exception has been put on the folder, but it still doesn't work  ???

Kind Regards

Craig

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 11:30:53 pm »
There's nothing in my hosts file, and an exception has been put on the folder, but it still doesn't work  ???

What do you mean with "doesn't work" ?

Are you still getting the "cannot connect to Esellerate message", which can only happen because of the esellerate.net lines in the HOSTS file ?

OR

Are you still getting the *other* error "No module named sceneryAddOnMulti", which can only happen because the updater missed some files that is clearly downloading now ?

craig1231

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 12:03:54 am »

What do you mean with "doesn't work" ?

Are you still getting the "cannot connect to Esellerate message", which can only happen because of the esellerate.net lines in the HOSTS file ?

OR

Are you still getting the *other* error "No module named sceneryAddOnMulti", which can only happen because the updater missed some files that is clearly downloading now ?

I'm getting the original message "Cannot connect to Esellerate". There is nothing that refers to Esellerate in my HOSTS file. I can navigate to store.esellerate.net in a browser and it works fine...

Also upon reinstalling GSX... it did this  :'(

REMOVING File C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.pye not found on remote

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 12:09:43 am »
I'm getting the original message "Cannot connect to Esellerate". There is nothing that refers to Esellerate in my HOSTS file.

Then I'm sorry, but it's not possible you are still getting that "cannot connect to Esllerate" error. because that error can ONLY come on ONE very specific case, which is those lines found in the HOSTS files. There are no other case it could possible come up. So, if you really don't have such lines in the HOSTS, then you are not possibly still see that error, you must looking at another log, most likely.

Also upon reinstalling GSX... it did this

It surely doesn't do this here. But if it's doing this on your system, you SHOULD get the OTHER error instead, the one that says it cannot find sceneryAddOnMulti.py because...it was deleted. That's the error you should see (and it's normal you would), if that file was deleted for some reason.

Tthe file is clearly online, it downloads just fine and I even tried removing it, run the Live Update the again, and it redownloads it again. Clearly something is interfering with the download of files in your system.

Try to restart Windows, and run the Live Udpate again. It's NOT supposed to "Remove" anything, surely not THAT file and it surely doesn't do it here.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 12:12:14 am by virtuali »

craig1231

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2019, 12:11:17 am »
Ok... I have managed to get it to work... it was either the result of resintalling OR uninstalling Cisco VPN (that I use for work)  ::)

But I'm happy now I have it working.

Many Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards

Craig