Author Topic: Baggage Tractor Positioning impacting its unloading direction  (Read 1514 times)

QFA1213

Hi Umberto,

I have noticed an issue with vehicle paths during unloading.

Aircraft: PMDG 737 NGX
Scenery: Default RJAA Gate 101
Sim: Prepar3D V4.5 Hotfix 1

When the default position of a baggage tractor, either rear or front, is placed on the left side of the aircraft, that tractor drives around the rear of the plane and approaches the belt/loader in the opposite direction to normal during unloading.

The first set of screenshots show the behaviour when the vehicle is on the right side of the aircraft and the second set on the left.

----- 1. Default Position on Right Side -----

Unloading as per normal

----- 2. Position modified to Left Side -----

Travelling around right side

Unloading facing opposite direction

This means it unloads through cloth

-------------------------------------------------

As seen above when a tractor starts on left side of aircraft it results in unloading through the cloth if using a belt. In the case of a ULD this same behaviour occurs however without any noticeable issues.

While talking about loading, would it be possible for a maximum number of ULD to be added to the aircraft gsx.cfg?

On recent A320 flights using GSX up to 10 AKH (5 front and 5 rear which I believe is the GSX ULD maximum) was loaded compared to the aircraft's limit of 3 front, 4 rear. This not only looks unreasonable but makes collisions between the two vehicles always occur.

Thank you
Brendan Wong

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Baggage Tractor Positioning impacting its unloading direction
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 03:06:19 pm »
If this is a problem for you, don't place the starting position of the loaders on the left side of the airplane. There's is a reason why they are on the right, by default.

QFA1213

Re: Baggage Tractor Positioning impacting its unloading direction
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 01:42:33 am »
Thanks for the reply. I'll make a note to put them on the right side in the future, I just wanted to confirm with my above post if this was the expected behaviour as I couldn't find any information about it.