Author Topic: Images disappear  (Read 2423 times)

Fsxdanielle

Images disappear
« on: May 14, 2019, 07:35:45 pm »
Hello,
       I recently bought klax i did the update i notice every time i zoom out my cones around the airplane disappear only when I zoom in to ground level they reappear.  Also my luggage carts disappear and reappear and also my food carts disappear you only see the guy walking with no cart.  Do I need to delete gsx and reinstall or is there  another quick fix. Again only when I zoom in to ground level everything works only when I zoom out is when I have the problem..   Please help gsx community.  Thanks Danielle

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Images disappear
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 09:34:56 pm »
That's entirely normal, and it's a result of the scenery being optimized for realistic zoom levels, to keep the fps up.

Fsxdanielle

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 11:10:43 pm »
I have one more question... Before the update and before I installed klax I was able to view the cones luggage carts and food carts when I zoomed out .  Are you sure that’s normal for FPS  I didn’t have that issue before. I was always getting good FPS before. If anything i had to make more adjustments after the update and after installing klax i also noticed my FPS dropped with gsx level 2 demo. I had to go back to gsx level 2 control panel and restore default jetways.  Does that mean if I purchase gsx level 2 my FPS  will go down.   Im getting a solid 25-30 FPS at most  of the default airports.   When I had gsx level 2 demo it went down to 12-17 .   Again I noticed the difference with the update and after I installed fsdreamteam klax I was not able to zoom out and  view  the luggage carts coming from far away and the cones.  You only see the lights  at night but the carts are invisible until their right next to plane. And the cones sometimes appear even when I zoom out.   The food carts were also viewed even when I zoomed out before.   
Again if it didn’t work before I could understand I’m getting good FPS 25-30.   I have my settings set at 30 FPS if I try to set to unlimited I run into problems.  Klax 20 FPS on the ground in air jumps back to 30 FPS.....

Thanks,
                                                                        Fsx Danielle

Fsxdanielle

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 02:16:41 am »
Another thing I forgot  to mention is my gas trucks are now facing the wrong direction when fueling airplane.
I’m not able to see the fuel counter. This happens with all my planes default and pay ware add on planes.  This all started when I did the back up.   If I do delete gsx and reinstall will this resolve my problems.   I have a back up cd from fs pilot shop and my serial number.   Or will I just make the problem worst.     I checked my FPS again I’m getting 30 FPS at the gate.  It doesn’t make any sense if you say it’s trying to optimize FPS.   I’m set at 30 FPS.     Please help me fs dream team . 
                                              Thanks fsx Danielle

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 10:34:48 am »
Does that mean if I purchase gsx level 2 my FPS  will go down.   Im getting a solid 25-30 FPS at most  of the default airports.   When I had gsx level 2 demo it went down to 12-17 .

Your fps was already very bad before, since I would expect to get at least 40-50 fps on default airports. You probably have too high settings and/or your system is not powerful enough to handle your settings, and adding the more detailed SODE jetways that comes with GSX L2 (which are now standard at KLAX) surely cannot improve fps on a system which was already struggling.

Try lowering the max texture size, it might help. Of course, the main problem is you are running FSX, which won't be able to use all your memory ( regardless how much you have ), since it's a 32 bit application, and the GSX L2 jetways work best in P3D4, since they have fairly advanced materials, which require a more powerful video card, which FSX won't be able to fully use anyway, since it's a DirectX9 application, with 12 years old shaders technology so, the more the scenery has advanced graphic, the better it will run on P3D4 and the worse it will run on FSX.

Another thing I forgot  to mention is my gas trucks are now facing the wrong direction when fueling airplane.

That's not the "wrong" direction. Is the correct one, since we'll introduce soon a fuel hydrant, which will replace the fuel tanker in all parking spots with a jetway so, after the update, the tanker will be used only outside gates and will go back to the previous position.

Note that, the new Fuel Hydrant will require GSX L2, and will work on P3D 4.4+ only.

I have a back up cd from fs pilot shop and my serial number.

A "backup" CD for our products it's just a waste of plastic and a waste of money (it must be shipped), because our installers are always available for download with no limitations. We tried to explain this to retailers, and suggest stop selling totally useless backup CD with our products, but it seems a lost battle: they keep saying "user like them"...

Do not use the CD, only use the latest installer found on our site, both for KLAX and GSX L2.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 10:38:09 am by virtuali »