Author Topic: After updating GSX I am experiencing a problem with FSX Google Earth Tracker  (Read 1382 times)

Aldox62

Hi All,

I recently updated GSX to the latest version from the website. Normal update, I did it without taking any special precaution as usually everything works, and in fact GSX worked fine after the update.

Later on I discovered a problem related to SimConnect in the flow of runtime integration with the FSX Google Earth Tracker add-on, which worked since years without issues.

It happens now that after some minutes of flight FSX reports a runtime error where I can notice from the reported function calls' traceback the involvement of SimConnect and some of the FSX Google Earth Tracker objects.

While I confirm for clarity that am not able at all to assess that the issue I am seeing is related to the GSX update I did, I simply ask if this GSX update has some impacts to SimConnect/its configuration. In case, I could start the problem-spotting from there...

Please note that FSX Google Earth is not updated since quite long time, so tentatively for now I do assume this utility may not be the root of the issue.

Many thanks in advance for any support you may offer to this request.

Kind Regards,

Aldox62--

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
The only thing I might think of which might cause an additional strain on Simconnect, are the passengers, since they would require more commands sent in a very short time, to control their animations.

If that utility also sends lots of commands too, it's possible Simconnect simply cannot keep it it up so, and the errors you see (since they seem related to it) might be caused by that utility not being able to deal with the unexpected.

You can control how much strain on the sim passenger have, by lowering their density.

If this happens also when no passengers are visible, many even during a flight, then you can be sure GSX doesn't have anything to do with it, since during flight it sends just a very small packet of data to ask your position, speed and altitude and, if you are flying higher than 10k feet, it doesn't do any other communication with the sim so, is as low as you can, especially while cruising.

Aldox62

Many thanks for the prompt response, I agree with your statements and I think GSX is not in itself part of the issue -- my question arose just to clear this possibility of some unintended collateral effect.

Other updates to my whole system took place in the last weeks after I updated GSX (winupdate etc), maybe something happened there.

Based on your idea that simconnect maybe somehow overloaded, I will try anyway to understand if the other utility FSX Google Earth Tracker can be configured so to lower the amount of communication with the simulator and then see if the issue goes away.

Many thanks again and congrats for such a great product as GSX is!

Aldo