Author Topic: Confirmation of GSX2 installation  (Read 2167 times)

ironcondor

Confirmation of GSX2 installation
« on: April 13, 2019, 06:31:00 pm »
Hello all. A couple of quick questions. I uninstalled and reinstalled GSX. I downloaded GSX 1 and installed it. I also downloaded GSX 2. It looks like the GSX 1 installer downloaded the GSX 2 installer. Is there a way for me to confirm I have GSX 2 reinstalled correctly.

GSX is showing version 2.5.0.11 installed. During the installation process (I should have taken a screen shot) a Font TFF file I believe did not install and I had to ignore to complete installation. I attempted it 3 times.

Thanks for any input!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Confirmation of GSX2 installation
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 07:12:47 pm »
. I downloaded GSX 1 and installed it. I also downloaded GSX 2.

You cannot download GSX1 and GSX, as if they were two different installers. There's only one installer on our site, and it's the Full GSX installer, which includes all files for GSX and the Level 2 features.

Both GSX and GSX L2 pages download links points to the SAME file so, if you downloaded and installed both, you basically did the same thing twice.

During the installation process (I should have taken a screen shot) a Font TFF file I believe did not install and I had to ignore to complete installation. I attempted it 3 times.

There's likely something like an antivirus or something similar that is preventing to install the Font, because it's in Windows. Of course, the Windows/Font IS the proper location to install a Font so, whatever is blocking the installation, is wrong doing that.

However, it's not really an issue, since if the Font was already installed from a previous install, it's already there in your Windows folder, and you can safely ignore the message, but you shouldn't Abort the installation. Ignore the warning but let it complete.

ironcondor

Re: Confirmation of GSX2 installation
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 04:45:29 am »
Great! Thanks. How can I confirm I am on GSX Level 2.

Thanks