Author Topic: [REQUEST] A particular jetway  (Read 1715 times)

kityatyi

[REQUEST] A particular jetway
« on: March 26, 2019, 03:13:02 pm »
Umberto - I would like to request a particular jetway model if possible, perhaps you can take it into consideration and include it in some future update. I have bought RFSB's Zagreb (LDZA) scenery, because I discovered there is a GSX Level 2 configuration available for it. This airport was one I always dreamed to have in the simulator but I refrained from purchasing because it comes with static jetways. But thanks to the 3rd party contribution, a great GSX config is available for download now.

The "problem" is that none of the current jetways that are included in GSX Level 2 seems to realistically depict the real world jetways used in Zagreb. Since pictures tell a thousand words, I think the best thing I can do is attach some so that you can see how the default (static) jetways that come with the product look like. Would it be possible to include a very similar looking (both in style and color) jetway model in a future so that this great little airport can look as real as it gets meanwhile taking advantage of GSX Level 2 please? Right now, the 3rd party config file offers a choice of either the GSX Level 2 "glass" jetway, which looks modern but not like the real airport or the GSX Level 2 "metal" jetway which looks more close to the real thing but those vertical lines (or bars) on the jetway make it stand out too much. A simple, kind of minimalistic jetway like those on the attached screenshots would be fantastic. I hope you can make it happen.

Thank you kindly!

kityatyi

Re: [REQUEST] A particular jetway
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 03:21:35 pm »
Looking into the customization options for the first time, I found that some of the ThyssenKrupp jetways look kind of similar in style, but they differ in colour. The default is a bit too dark, and if I choose the white one, that's too bright. Is it possible to amend the colours of the jetways, beyond the colour options that are included in the drop-down menu?

EDIT:
After checkine each and every jetway model available in the customization tab, none of them is truly a suitable alternative. Better than static, for sure but if one is after ultimate realism, it's still not quite there. The jetways in Zagreb are somehow more tilted downwards, like a slope. Their head is sitting just above the ground, not high above it, but their "tail" is quite high, so the tunnel is tilting down quite significantly. If that could somehow be recreated, would be awesome.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 03:58:33 pm by kityatyi »