Author Topic: Something is amiss with boarding  (Read 4003 times)

chumley

Something is amiss with boarding
« on: December 02, 2018, 10:30:08 am »
I have GSX 2 installed and have updated to the latest version.

Opened the menu and requested catering. catering completed.

Went to request boarding (skipping refueling) and notice the fuel truck had been called and it duly arrived, parked under the wing and did nothing.

Crew bus arrived and pilots/crew boarded.

Pax bus arrived with 174 passengers on board (manually entered) - how they all crammed onto it is beyond me.

Fuel truck remained under wing and baggage never arrived - loaders remained detached from the aircraft. 

Had to reset GSX2 to get pushed back.

Clearly something is wrong but unsure of what it is.

sw34669

Re: Something is amiss with boarding
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 09:10:33 pm »
i have also started to see this issue you mention (aircraft im using pmdg 737 900). Have seen behaviour at > 1 airport.

Using GSX2 sode gate @ EGPF have noticed this and the old boarding or de-boarding never completes issue (you can hear the people sounds, the menu says its still boarding/deboarding) but it never finishes.

I am wondering if this is related to the automatic function ?

I landed this evening, taxi to gate 18 (after selecting gate 18 in gsx menu)
Pulled up, brakes, cut engines and asked to deboard
Sat there whilst baggage was offloaded, then the fuel and snacks arrived, completed ok
But in the end I was stuck in an IBL (Infinite Boarding Loop)

Umberto, what conditions can usually case the IBL ? Is there something up with my a/c config for the 739 or my home made sode gate ?

thanks

torsten

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 10:25:49 pm »
hello,

i dont want to take over the threat, but have just one question why you
get this big fuel truck?
I get all the times only the small one, which parks all the time left from the airplane.
I fly always the same B737-800NG
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 10:32:58 pm by torsten »

sw34669

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 11:45:37 pm »

They get paid by the trip not the gallon !

That aside, I had the infinite boarding again this evening . Flew to belfast city pulled into GSX2 sode gate and hit deboard .. all the passengers got off and the 2 baggage trains but now it just flashes "[GSX] Baggage unloading in progress 50%" and nothing happens. I have a ZFW of 134.2.

Any ideas, im getting this on every flight now on the pmdg 737/900.

thx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 02:32:35 pm »
Pax bus arrived with 174 passengers on board (manually entered) - how they all crammed onto it is beyond me.

That's because you doesn't have the "Multiple Trips" option enabled in the GSX settings so, as the manual explains, if this option is disabled, the ONE passenger bus and the ONE fuel truck that will be used, will hold an infinite amount of fuel/passengers.

Fuel truck remained under wing and baggage never arrived - loaders remained detached from the aircraft. 

This is entirely normal, since baggage and loaders will wait for Fuel to complete, otherwise they'll clash into it.

When you use an airplane that is flagged to use a custom fuel system, it's best you don't use Auto mode, because such airplanes requires you to respect a precise sequence of operations (see the GSX manual for example how to use the Refuel with PMDG), which cannot obviously done in Auto mode, since GSX cannot and won't touch any of your airplane systems.

sw34669

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 04:11:10 pm »

No i have this checked I get 2 buses for the 174 pax , but i see this issue at ramps and gates

Had it again today at EGPF gate 18 (GSX gate i made). Sometimes its ok mostly not.

Started sim
PMDg 737 NGX 800 parked at gate
Selected "boarding" with auto and multiple trips enabled
170 pax board at same time as 2 baggage carts
as baggage is finished loading the fuel truck and catering vans arrive
whilst they are in place the passengers have all boarded throught the gate but i still hear the boarding noise and the menu still says passengers boarding
the fuel truck and catering vans finish and depart
menu says fueling and catering finished but passenger boarding still underway
waited 10 minutes .... had to reset position

I get this a lot at gates and ramps
what can cause this i can look for to fix it.

sw34669

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 04:19:51 pm »

i just re-ran the above after exiting the sim and starting again, same result, i just get infinite pax boarding after the other services all complete. Any ideas ?

sw34669

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 05:58:56 pm »
did a system restart, created a new scenario @ EGPF and can confirm again boarding pax never finishes

crew+Pax start to load in parallel with bags
After baggage trucks leave, the fuel truck arrives, i set the pmdg to refuel at the same time the catering trucks arrive
fuel and catering trucks finish and show as completed
pax eventually gets to 170/170 boarded (but never says boarding completed)
catering and fuel leave aircraft and complete
pax boarding still going on with sounds .... have to reset to get pushback

sw34669

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 04:32:45 pm »

did some more tests today from a clean install of GSX2

still get the issues where boarding never finishes

went back 3 versions ....... works

Umberto - any suggestions as to why this happens, it went away for a while until the last version I think. I see it almost all the time now with the PMDG 737 800.

jockoflocko

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2019, 06:56:59 pm »
I had this same problem last year, and Umberto released an update that fixed it (thanks).  But recently it started happening again, and I cant figure out why.  I am running P3D4.4 with the PMDG 737 and GSX Level 2 with the latest live update.  I have boarding density set to "Insane" and "Estimate Number Of Passengers" unchecked.  When I call for boarding, it says "Boarding Passengers Now" but the boarding process never completes.

I've tried everything I can think of.  sw34669, did you ever solve this?  If you did, could u please share?  Would greatly appreciate it.

Umberto, any ideas?

Thanks.

sw34669

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 02:05:31 pm »

I did some testing over the weekend, here's what i've found. The brilliant new automatic feature Umberto put in may have some sequencing issues. I have used it for a while but have had the 3 issues of (rear baggage cart doesnt move, infinite boarding, fuel truck can sometimes get stuck), needing a reset. This would happen in 50% of flights, unless, I reset before starting de-boarding.

On Friday I unchecked the automatic services option and opted for entering the pax numbers manually. I now call deboarding, stick in next route, call fuel, drinks trolly and when deboarding is finished, the new boarding.

Since making this change I did not see any problems with any of the 6 flights over the weekend. As I am 3 days free of issues I will tick that option back on and see what happens today.

Umberto, i'm wondering if this is a sequencing issue that the first baggage cart moves (in automatic mode) and then catering and fuel are automatically called stopping the second one from moving. If you need any logging im happy to provide.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 11:20:44 pm »
I'm sorry but, we already made so many changes for the next update, that's it's best to wait that one before starting any troubleshooting since, chances are the problem might be already been fixed, and if it hasn't, we have added better ways to know why, for example the menu will tell you which service GSX is waiting for, instead of just saying "waiting for other services to complete".

molleh

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2019, 11:26:22 pm »
I completely understand your reasoning here, but is there an ETA on the update? If it was a few days away, fine, but if you expect it to be more than a month away...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2019, 11:31:47 pm »
I completely understand your reasoning here, but is there an ETA on the update? If it was a few days away, fine, but if you expect it to be more than a month away...

Regardless of the ETA, it doesn't change the fact that is entirely useless to troubleshoot something based on a very old version. No, it's not going to be released in the next days, but not in the next months either so, it's likely weeks.