Author Topic: SODE Not working (Solved)  (Read 2736 times)

EdB

SODE Not working (Solved)
« on: February 08, 2019, 01:27:01 am »
As the topic suggests, I have not been able to get SODE to work. I keep getting Sode not available, Jetways will not animate. In reading through forum posts, I hear talk of a Sode menu in Addons. I dont believe I have this menu. I have Caouti and GSX menus. Is there other software I need to install in order for sode to work or to see a sode menu in addons? When I configure a Jetway, say 54 in FSDT CYVR, the column on the right ends with /JS which I believe means it's sode capable. The other error I am constantly getting is that you can't call up a fuel truck or jetway when I'm not in an airport parking, yet I am parked at the proper place. I've wasted a lot of hours on something that should be simple t setup.  Could it be a firewall issue? If so what files need to be shared with regards to Sode? GSX works fine and many of the Level 2 items work fine. The only issue is sode. I must be missing something somewhere. Help appreciated.

Ed
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 01:22:18 pm by EdB »

Beat578

Re: SODE Not working
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 07:02:55 am »
For me, it sounds like the SODE Modul itself has not been installe properly. Mabe because of the Antivirus.
I would try to download the latest SODE Version from here: https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9
Then install it with administrator pirvileges and see, if this would change something.
Beat578

EdB

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 11:34:45 am »
Thanks for reply. I will try that.

All the Best,

Ed

EdB

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 04:22:02 pm »
Hi Beat578,

Well, I have had some success finally. I managed to get sode jetway working at CYVR Gate 54. At this time I'm not sure of the exact steps I did  to get the sode jetway working. I reinstalled and registered the sode software as per your link. I also checked file sharing for as many files/folders related to GSX that I could think of. I also went through the Parking and Jetway 3D editor again and then recompiled. Somewhere along the way I did something right. The big thing is that now I know it will work on my system so it's now just a matter of learning the proper sequences.  

Thanks for your tips,

EDIT: I now have the SODE menu item in my Addons P3D drop down menu.

Ed
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 08:33:48 pm by EdB »

Beat578

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 09:30:10 pm »
Hi ed
Glad  it worked. I am no pro either so i cant help you any more.
Good luck.
Cheers beat
Beat578