Author Topic: Can't select custom Operator anymore  (Read 3050 times)

Anxarces

Can't select custom Operator anymore
« on: January 16, 2019, 07:59:18 pm »
Hi,

I have created a custom ground operator for the airport Friedrichshafen (EDNY). This worked fine so far. However, I just disovered that the operator ("BodenseeAirport") is not selected anymore and not shown in the operator selection dialog when requesting ground services. This operator was broken with GSX2 but I was able to fix it by updating the config files for the simobjects. I checked all configs again and they do match the config files from GSX. The INI-file for the airport is still being loaded and I confirmed in the parking postition dialog that the value for "airlinecodes" is still set to "BodenseeAirport".

I checked the Couatl.err and Couatl.log files but there are no entries relating to this issue.

I have attached the INI-File of the airport and one of the simojects CFG files as example.

What could be the cause for this issue?

Regards,
Ulrich

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't select custom Operator anymore
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 06:01:21 pm »
This operator was broken with GSX2 but I was able to fix it by updating the config files for the simobjects.

You posted only a single SIM.CFG file, but for a custom operator to work, you must change the SIM.CFG for ALL USER vehicles in the PaintKit.

Anxarces

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 11:31:07 pm »
The CFG was just an example. But thanks to your tip I found out, that I was missing a few more simobjects. However, the operator still does not show. I now have the following objects customized:

• FSDT_Baggage_Loader
  • FSDT_BaggageTractor
  • FSDT_BaggageTractor_Closed
  • FSDT_BaggageVan
  • FSDT_BaggageWagon
  • FSDT_Catering
  • FSDT_Catering_CT8000
  • FSDT_Catering_EU
  • FSDT_Catering_Half
  • FSDT_neoplan_bus
  • FSDT_PassengerBus
  • FSDT_Catering_Half
  • FSDT_Staircase
  • FSDT_Staircase_02
  • FSDT_Staircase_Fixed
  • FSDT_Staircase_large
  • FSDT_Van
  • FSDT_Van_Passengers

Am I still missing an object? I checked my customizations with ModelConverterX and each one was loadable, so the reference to the model files in the original GSX folders works.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 12:53:59 am »
Am I still missing an object? I checked my customizations with ModelConverterX and each one was loadable, so the reference to the model files in the original GSX folders works.

Only the SIM.CFG has an effect on the operator choice in GSX. What do you mean with "checked my customizations with ModelConverterX" ? Have you also replaced a model ?

Anxarces

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 08:12:24 am »
I have my custom operators, as suggested in the documentation, in separate folders. The model.cfg files reference the original model files. As I had to create a few more objects I just checked, if I had done erverything right by loading the objects into ModelConverterX. My custom operator was missing e.g. CateringCT8000, Van, etc.

The custom operator objetcs are in the same folder as the original GSX objects (simobjects/misc).

Edit: Just uploaded my custom operator to this message.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 09:06:50 am by Anxarces »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 11:49:45 am »
Edit: Just uploaded my custom operator to this message.

I can see your custom operator just fine, even without the .INI file, since with a full 4-letters match ICAO at EDNY, there are no other competing operators. However, there are still a couple of problems in your files:

- some of your texture.cfg files have a fallback path as Falconsim_Staircase_ instead of Falconsim_Staircase, which explains why they didn't show the logo

- there's a customized variant of the PassengerBus, still referencing the default textures, so it was redundant.

- there's a customized variant of the Neoplan bus, which is not really customizable, not very easily at least.

- all pushback trucks, which are instead customizable, are missing

Anxarces

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 12:11:25 am »

I can see your custom operator just fine, even without the .INI file, since with a full 4-letters match ICAO at EDNY, there are no other competing operators.
Are you able to select the customer operator in the GSX dialog when requesting ground services?

Thanks for your hints. I fixed the issues. In EDNY there are no pushback trucks being used, so I did not customize them.

Anxarces

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 05:19:16 pm »
Finally I could sove the issue. Previously I reinstalled GSX and did not notice, that it was installed into an other folder. So my custom objects did not get read. After moving them to the new folder everything works now as expected.