Author Topic: side by side gates lead to mistaken detected gate where aircraft is parked  (Read 1556 times)

Opossum

Hi everyones,

I use the Aerosoft Milano Malpensa Professional P3D4 airport. The gates 406 (medium) and 407 (small) are side by side (see the joined picture).

When I call GSX services, it answer me: "This parking is too small for your aircraft". In fact, GSX behave like I was on the small 407 gate, too small for my A320. As I shift the plane towards his right (left of the picture), away the gate 407, GSX use the correct gate 406.

As I am perfectly parked on gate 406, I try to check the gate 406 parking position bet GSX select the gate 407. The aircraft parking positions are correct on both gates.

I suppose there is a gate selection issue in GSX when two gates are too near.

Best regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
GSX will use the parking closer to the current position of the airplane so, in this case, the problem is the smaller parking is probably entirely overlapping the bigger one so, in fact, it appears to be closer.

You should be able to fix this in the GSX parking customization, by moving the parking position of smaller gate and/or playing with its size and/or the size of the larger one. These changes won't affect the underlying AFCAD or AI operations.

Opossum

Hi Humberto,

Thank You for your prompt answer. I have shifted beyond the small 407 gate that I do not use. Now the medium 406 gate is perfectly detected when my A320 is parked on.

Thank You again for your help