Author Topic: Changing multiple spots at once  (Read 1895 times)

cj3737

Changing multiple spots at once
« on: December 21, 2018, 02:22:31 pm »
All,
Been scouring the net looking for a way to change multiple parking spots in gsx level 2 all at once.  I know I can change the jetways at the whole airport with cntl click but is there a way to assign all the support vehicles for all spots the same way?  ie all small spots have the loaders, stairs etc in the exact locations for all small gates and so on?  It took me an hour to change 2 gates at ksjc... just looking for a more efficient way of changing all rather than one at a time..

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Changing multiple spots at once
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 03:09:34 pm »
We have a copy & paste feature planned.

cj3737

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 04:00:00 pm »
Excellent... that would make the process so much simpler

headley

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 10:11:05 pm »
Copy/paste the relevant items in the ini-file is not an option?
Just thinking out loud, as i am a beginner concerning modifying in airports and parking spots in GSX (but i'm getting the hang of it :D).
Regards,

William V.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 10:24:58 pm »
Copy/paste the relevant items in the ini-file is not an option?

No, because lat/lon coordinates of the vehicles are saved as absolute values, not relative to their parking so, what the copy & paste feature is supposed to do, is precisely do all the calculation for you, and create a "copy" of a parking over another one (or many of them), by keeping the vehicles in the same relative position.

And, you should be offered a way to choose what to paste (the jetway, how many of them, a vehicle, all vehicles, everything, etc.), so a real proper Copy & Paste feature is required.