Author Topic: can't register gsx 2 **SOLVED**  (Read 4621 times)

Perry333

can't register gsx 2 **SOLVED**
« on: November 23, 2018, 08:57:53 pm »
purchased gsx level 2, already have gsx, run the installer gsx 2, went to window mode in sim, clicked on addon manager, FSDT, gsx level 2, click on register and window will close??? I am doing something wrong ,thanks.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 03:43:32 pm by virtuali »

hawkeye53

Re: can't register gsx 2
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 07:56:50 pm »
I encountered the same problem today. I  temporarily turned off Windows Defender and Malwarebytes. After I did that the registration went through fine.

Perry333

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 08:40:41 pm »
I have same setup and both where off, still can't register  :( , but thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 09:02:16 pm »
Do you see the “Addon Manager” and the “GSX” menu under the “Addons” menu of the simulator ? If not, try this:

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Add-on Manager folder from scanning.

- Try the Live Update again, or reinstall GSX using its most current installer, to be found under the "Products and Downloads" page of our site.

Perry333

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 06:41:46 pm »
Hi sorry it take me awhile to get back. Yes I do see Addon manager and GSX and GSX level 2 expansion. I excluded Addon manager in Microsoft security. I ran Live update, and downloaded latest installer and ran that too. It shows in addon manager that GSX is registered, but when I click on GSX level 2 and click register the addon window closes. I do go into window mode too, before clicking on addon manager. Thanks for any additional help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 03:44:39 pm »
Hi sorry it take me awhile to get back. Yes I do see Addon manager and GSX and GSX level 2 expansion.

I haven't asked if you see the Addon Manager and the GSX and GSX level 2 expansion entries IN IT. I asked if you have both the "Addon Manager" and the "GSX" menu under the “Addons” menu of the simulator. Do you have it ?

Perry333

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 07:15:42 pm »
Sorry if I was not clear about that, but YES I do have the Addon Manager and the GSX menu under the Addons menu of the FSX simulator

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 04:48:46 pm »
Sorry if I was not clear about that, but YES I do have the Addon Manager and the GSX menu under the Addons menu of the FSX simulator

Then everything is running correctly, and there are no reasons why the activation wouldn't work. Try to switch to windowed mode, if you are running in full screen.

Perry333

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 01:53:22 am »
I always go into window mode before thanks. Still won't register :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 10:11:06 am »
I always go into window mode before thanks. Still won't register :(

As I've said, if you see both the Addon Manager and the GSX and Couatl menu, everything's fine on our software side so, the problem can only be something else.

Check if you are running other addons that force them into the foreground, stealing focus of the registration dialog (which might just be under the main simulator window, so you might try to ALT+TAB to switch to it) or, alternatively, turn such addons momentarily off during the registration.

Perry333

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2018, 07:34:41 pm »
OK so I got it to go through looks like the problem was EZDOK, disabled it using num 3. Hope this helps if anyone else has similar problem. Thanks for help virtuali.