Author Topic: Repeated Activation Requests (Again)  (Read 3081 times)

rlw9sr

Repeated Activation Requests (Again)
« on: November 09, 2018, 09:15:25 pm »
I had had a persistent problem with repeated requests for Activation; this occurs every time I start the sim (Prepar3D v4.3/WIN 10).  Although it appears to work properly, it's a bit of nuisance.  After reading various threads about the problem, nothing has resolved it.  The things that I have  explored include (1) AV and firewall exclusions (settings), (2) GSX uninstalls and reinstalls, (3) checking possible compatibility mode settings in the Registry (none), and (4) running the system in Window versus Full screen for the registration.  I have purchased a number of FSDT sceneries, and they have installed and registered without a problem (including GSXL2).  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated--Thanks--

Robert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Repeated Activation Requests (Again)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 12:03:34 am »
That's not normal, it's possible there's something from with your user account permissions, so the activation doesn't stick in the registry. Try the following:

- run P3D as administrator, at least during for the activation.

- change the compatibility settings for Addon Manager\Couatl\Couatl.exe to run As Administrator,  at least during the activation.

rlw9sr

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 12:33:09 am »
Just tried again with the changes you suggested and no change--again a request for activation.  Any possibility of a Team Viewer session?  Thanks--

Robert

rlw9sr

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 11:49:49 pm »
Added to the list of things tried with no change--reviewed all the necessary C++ files.  Also I did the couatl.exe --test--no messages.  I reinstalled GSX, rebooted, and reinstalled.  This time the MSG is the scripting engine cannot start...The AddonManager directory is excluded from the AV.  At this point, this seems like an endless loop of going nowhere--any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated--

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 12:03:56 am »
Check this thread here and see if this is your problem:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19579.msg135768.html#msg135768

rlw9sr

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 12:23:04 am »
I used the Microsoft Fix to uninstall SODE, downloaded and installed SODE v1.6.3, and received the same error--

rlw9sr

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 01:15:34 am »
Uninstalled GSX, rebooted, and reinstalled to a different drive (with the same exclusions as on the original drive).  P3D boots up and AddonManager displays as does GSX.  However, every subsequent reboot of P3D AGAIN requires reactivation--

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 02:48:07 pm »
However, every subsequent reboot of P3D AGAIN requires reactivation--

That's an entirely different problem.

Try to run P3D as Administrator, at least once, during the activation. Is not normal (we don't require admin access), but maybe some setting in your user account requires this for the activation to stay.

rlw9sr

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 06:46:47 pm »
Still no success with this.  FWIW, I activated GSXL2 with no problems--it's only GSX--Please let me know if TeamViewer is an option--Thanks--

rlw9sr

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 01:19:11 am »
I've rechecked the permissions and security, still no joy.  Since all the other FSDT scenaries and GSXL2 have installed correctly except GSX, can you suggest what is different about GSX that might be the cause of this behavior?  Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2018, 01:48:07 pm »
I've rechecked the permissions and security, still no joy.  Since all the other FSDT scenaries and GSXL2 have installed correctly except GSX, can you suggest what is different about GSX that might be the cause of this behavior?  Thanks

There's nothing different about GSX: the activation code is obviously exactly the same for all products.