Author Topic: Excluding SODE/GSX jetways and front stairways when using 3rd party with AES  (Read 4006 times)

StefanA

Hello together,

unfortunately it seems that for AS EDDF V2.0 and TNCM (FSX, no SODE available), it's required to still run with the mixture of AES and GSX. If I disable jetways because there are some by AES for example, and when starting debording/bording with GSX, the stairways are connecting to the front doors together with the AES jetways.

If I disable stairways too, the aft stairways for cleaning and crew access don't appear as well.

Is it possible to implement the possibility to split the disabling of front stairways and aft stairways to avoid this conflict? Didn't found a solution after a couple of hours of testing.

Regards,
Stefan
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 04:04:58 am by StefanA »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
There's only one solution that makes sense:

- Disable the airport in AES

- Customize it in GSX, so it will have all GSX-SODE jetways

StefanA

Customizing EDDF with static jetways? I don't have the time to waste weeks for customizing that.

I'm working on TNCM with only 4 gates and having a lot of trouble regarding parking distances (other thread opened) and not fitting jetways to the existing bridges (too high, too low). Over 10 hours were spent for this with a disappointing result.

First I only got the update to GSX 2, which did a huge mess on all 3rd party airports. Unfortunately I purchased the enhancement too fast. I'm just going to return to my old version which worked even together with AES. YBBN is a real mess now, KLAX, EDDF, TNCM too. Only KLAS is better now. And for KMIA fortunately LatinVFR offered a SODE-version which looks fine now.

Sure, my target is to completely substitute AES, but GSX L2 is far away to be helpful with this.

I would appreciate if there would be a possibility to disable the front jetways / stairs independent to the aft stairways to have the chance for a setup similar to the old version.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Customizing EDDF with static jetways? I don't have the time to waste weeks for customizing that.

Which is why, we have a sharing area, that has customization files for EDDF that has been shared by users.

I'm working on TNCM with only 4 gates and having a lot of trouble regarding parking distances (other thread opened) and not fitting jetways to the existing bridges (too high, too low). Over 10 hours were spent for this with a disappointing result.

This message is not very clear and of course it's not possible to help you with a so generic description of the problem.

We obviously modeled jetways using their real life measurement but, of course, we cannot possibly be sure that every 3rd party airport has been modeled correctly and, sometimes, jetways are customized for the airport.

Which is why, we have jetways in different height variations. If the airport bridge is too high, you should be able to either find an higher jetway, or use a "Slanted" bridge (those with an "S" in their names).

First I only got the update to GSX 2, which did a huge mess on all 3rd party airports.

It surely hasn't. NOTHING in a 3rd party airport is ever touched when installing GSX. ONLY default jetways at default airports are automatically replaced. 3rd party jetways are NOT touched and, in fact, it requires a very specific procedure to replace them so no, you can be sure that GSX hasn't changed anything in any 3rd party airport.

Unfortunately I purchased the enhancement too fast. I'm just going to return to my old version which worked even together with AES.

Nothing has changed in GSX Level 2 in relationship with AES.

YBBN is a real mess now, KLAX, EDDF, TNCM too. Only KLAS is better now. And for KMIA fortunately LatinVFR offered a SODE-version which looks fine now.

None of these sceneries can possibly be "a mess", unless you made it. If with "KLAX", you mean "FSDT KLAX", as explained in the Los Angeles support forum, you MUST remove an old customization you might have made before for KLAX in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder, otherwise they new jetways we added won't show, since your old customization is still taking precedence over the ones we made.

If you want to start from scratch, and remove all your customizations, remove all files from the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\folder. This way, GSX will work without your customizations, and I'm sure nothing will be "messed up", since nothing is changed on 3rd party airports, unless you do it.

Sure, my target is to completely substitute AES, but GSX L2 is far away to be helpful with this.

Of course GSX Level 2 is perfectly capable to do everything that AES used to do. The only difference is, instead of having to pay for each airport, you have given all the means to do it yourself, for free.

If you don't want to spend time doing the work yourself, check the Sharing area of the forum, since there are many files shared by fellows users you can download for free. It's possible we'll offer professionally-made customizations, for a fee, but we are still not there yet.

StefanA

Now I activated the standard jetways which repaired the mess (double jetways) at 3rd party airports (TNCM, EDDF) or wrong directed jetways (YBBN (Gate 76 and 75) and which appears definitely after installing and activating at every airport.

At TNCM I tried all delivered versions with manually positioning and all were too high or too low causing a gap between the TNCM original bridge and the jetway. Only the default had the right height, but it fit only with an additional bridge. But then this bridge has the wrong angle towards the original TNCM. It's necessary to design a TNCM version because FlyTampa currently offers SODE jetways only for P3DV4.

KLAX (yes FSDT) I didn't customize anything. If there are three jetways, one is moving clockwise into the building when starting the docking procedure. The other two jetways are moving right but there is the "GSX Battery message" described in another thread, which seems not to be solved by today's live update.

It would be a great improve if the standard / SODE selection could be done by airport and not for the entire scenery only.
Better solution would be the possibility to deactivate jetways, front and aft stairways individually and not in common for a gate. This would help to migrate airport by airport to the better solution GSX2.

Because of the parking postions mentioned in another thread. That's solved and it was caused by the preferredexit setting of the B747 (exit 2 with big distance to front wheel instead of exit 1). Because of this, the addition for other planes with only one front door was too big.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Now I activated the standard jetways which repaired the mess (double jetways) at 3rd party airports (TNCM, EDDF) or wrong directed jetways (YBBN (Gate 76 and 75) and which appears definitely after installing and activating at every airport.

The only possible reason I can think of this could happen, is that you have a conflicting AFCAD for these sceneries, maybe something that is coming with an AI traffic product, which is something you want to fix anyway (regardless of GSX) and, since such conflicting AFCAD are usually a modified version of the default AFCAD which are supposed to be used to enhance the default airport (and should be removed if you have an addon airport), they use the default jetway models, which GSX will replace as it should, since you *are* effectively using a default AFCAD there, a situation you want to fix regardless if you installed GSX or not.

At TNCM I tried all delivered versions with manually positioning and all were too high or too low causing a gap between the TNCM original bridge and the jetway. Only the default had the right height, but it fit only with an additional bridge. But then this bridge has the wrong angle towards the original TNCM. It's necessary to design a TNCM version because FlyTampa currently offers SODE jetways only for P3DV4.

It's not very clear what do you mean with "wrong angle". The rotation angle can of course be customized as well. Or, are you referring to a slanted bridge which has an angle on the vertical axis ?

KLAX (yes FSDT) I didn't customize anything. If there are three jetways, one is moving clockwise into the building when starting the docking procedure.

First, in order to be sure you haven't customized KLAX, check the GSX parking customization page to see where GSX is taking its data from. It's supposed to say "scenery

is Please indicate the precise gate where this happens, which airplane you used, which jetway you called and to which door you asked to move.

It would be a great improve if the standard / SODE selection could be done by airport and not for the entire scenery only.

What do you mean with "by airport", opposite to "the entire scenery" ?

StefanA

The only possible reason I can think of this could happen, is that you have a conflicting AFCAD for these sceneries, maybe something that is coming with an AI traffic product, which is something you want to fix anyway (regardless of GSX) and, since such conflicting AFCAD are usually a modified version of the default AFCAD which are supposed to be used to enhance the default airport (and should be removed if you have an addon airport), they use the default jetway models, which GSX will replace as it should, since you *are* effectively using a default AFCAD there, a situation you want to fix regardless if you installed GSX or not.

It's not very clear what do you mean with "wrong angle". The rotation angle can of course be customized as well. Or, are you referring to a slanted bridge which has an angle on the vertical axis ?

KLAX (yes FSDT) I didn't customize anything. If there are three jetways, one is moving clockwise into the building when starting the docking procedure.

First, in order to be sure you haven't customized KLAX, check the GSX parking customization page to see where GSX is taking its data from. It's supposed to say "scenery

is Please indicate the precise gate where this happens, which airplane you used, which jetway you called and to which door you asked to move.

What do you mean with "by airport", opposite to "the entire scenery" ?

There aren't additional AFCAD. The only AI tool is "ut live" and it's working fine.

"Wrong angle": I mean the vertical angle between the TNCM(Fly Tampa)-bridge coming out of the building and the SODE standard bridge which is parallel to the ground. The only jetway with the right heigth is the standard selected by installation procedure. All others are too high overlaying the number and having a gap to FlyTampa-bridge at bottom or too low causing a gap to FlyTampa-bridge at top.

I haven't customized KLAX. For example Gate 134 (and all at this side of the terminal up to 159). Additional in the menue there's only the selection for front jetway to connect to door 1 or 2 and upper jetway to connect to 1 or 2. The aft jetway can't be selected and doesn't move. The upper jetway moves clockwise approximately 100 degrees into the buliding. At gate 157 for example, the two jetways work as expected. By the way, at all these gates I still have the "GSX Battery charge active" message although messages are disabled (Other Thread).

"By airport": Well, I mean that you can set default jetways or GSX L2 SODE by exluding single airports (for example the 3rd party). Currently you can only select between all airports or default jetways.
Better solution would be the possibility to disable front stairways independent from aft stairways.
Why? Disabling all stairways in case of AES-jetways disables the cleaning staff stairway at aft door too. Disabling jetways without disabling the stairways at a gate causes AES-jetways overlaying GSX-stairways. With the possibility to disable the stairways for front and aft doors independent for each parking position it would be possible to get all situations customized at an AES-airport even the parking positions without jetways but arriving AES stairways. No more overlays. And it would be possible to migrate airport by airport just when the customization for SODE is completed and AES will be shutdown there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
There aren't additional AFCAD. The only AI tool is "ut live" and it's working fine.

I'm sorry but, the only possible reason why you would see GSX/SODE jetways on a 3rd party airport is the AFCAD in use is not the one that comes with the airport so, either it's the default one, or one that comes with AI products so, it's an "enhanced", but still based on default, using default jetways.

This would be easy to check in the GSX parking customization page, which will tell the name of the AFCAD used by GSX.

"Wrong angle": I mean the vertical angle between the TNCM(Fly Tampa)-bridge coming out of the building and the SODE standard bridge which is parallel to the ground.

Which is why I said to try the "Slanted" versions of the bridges, which are not parallel to the ground, and are supplied for the precise reason to adapt lower jetways to higher bridges. A combination of finding the right bridge length USUALLY fix most airports.

The only jetway with the right heigth is the standard selected by installation procedure. All others are too high overlaying the number and having a gap to FlyTampa-bridge at bottom or too low causing a gap to FlyTampa-bridge at top.

The standard jetway is lower than most jetways, but the JBT variants are all lower too. In fact, most of them are low, except for the "higher" variants.

I haven't customized KLAX. For example Gate 134 (and all at this side of the terminal up to 159). Additional in the menue there's only the selection for front jetway to connect to door 1 or 2 and upper jetway to connect to 1 or 2. The aft jetway can't be selected and doesn't move. The upper jetway moves clockwise approximately 100 degrees into the buliding. At gate 157 for example, the two jetways work as expected.

I cannot reproduce this. The upper jetway works normally and doesn't do what you reported. I can use the Aft jetway just fine.

Tried using the default 747, configured to have the preferred Exit on L2, and with the PMDG 747. Both parked in the proper position, with their front gear over the "747 e2" ground markings.

By the way, at all these gates I still have the "GSX Battery charge active" message although messages are disabled (Other Thread)

As explained already in that thread, that message will come if at least one of the jetways have a power unit. Now I'm puzzled. Here, you say you haven't customized KLAX, but there you say you still have the message after customizing the jetways to have no power units. So, you have customized it!

In any case, if I dock only the Aft and Upper jetways, that (as we customized KLAX) have no power unit (on the Fwd have it), there's no message to be seen.

"By airport": Well, I mean that you can set default jetways or GSX L2 SODE by exluding single airports (for example the 3rd party). Currently you can only select between all airports or default jetways.

You don't exclude single airports. You create an exclude file that doesn't necessarily have to exclude all jetways: it will exclude only those that have the checkmark close to the Jetway Exclude Radius set.

Why? Disabling all stairways in case of AES-jetways disables the cleaning staff stairway at aft door too. Disabling jetways without disabling the stairways at a gate causes AES-jetways overlaying GSX-stairways.

As I've said, just disable the airport in AES. We don't have plans to make changes to GSX just to ease the usage of what is still an FSX-only product, now that FSX for us is basically phased out.