Author Topic: missing terminals after addon mgr update **SOLVED**  (Read 3457 times)

chrisjake

missing terminals after addon mgr update **SOLVED**
« on: November 04, 2018, 02:02:00 am »
So the other night I fired up P3Dv4.3 and saw that I had an update for my FSDT Addon manager.  I ran the update and when I went to start a flight from LAX I got this error:

couatl v3.2 (build 4057)
panic log started on Sat Nov  3 11:31:48 2018

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'KLAX', 'User Pos': (33.935833163553056, -118.41916004195807, 41.0885 m, 2.68224 m, 82.98000329174099)}

The above error made me shut down Couatl, and I had no terminal bldgs.

I came here and did some searching to figure this out, tried some of the suggestions, but no luck.   The only 2 changes I've made recently is 1) Installed GSX a few weeks ago(unregistered version) and 2) the Addon Manager update a couple of nights ago.   Everything, including GSX, has been running fine until the update.   So I read about the anti virus thing and I uninstalled GSX, shut down my AV, installed GSX, put the files/folders into my AV exceptions and I no longer get that error message, but now I have no terminals at any of my FSDT airports (KLAX, KLAS, CYVR, KFLL, KORD, KSDF, Hawaiian airports).   All jet bridges appear to be there - at all the airports.  At KFLL, even the cars in the parking garage are there - just no parking garage.    I can see Addon Manager / Couatl Live Update / Couatl setting in my Add-ons drop down.   I also tried to restart Couatl from that drop down and initially that helped the jet bridges appear - but still no terminal bldgs.

Any thoughts on what I can try next?

Thanks
Chris

« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 11:59:25 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: missing terminals after addon mgr update
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 07:16:39 pm »
You should have seen a warning from the update, saying that in order to run it, you must have GSX Level 2 installed (which is free at all FSDT airports). So, be sure you install the latest GSX Level 2 installer.

chrisjake

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 04:24:21 am »
I dont recall a warning when installing, but I could be forgetting.   

Before doing anything I took a look at what version of GSX I had installed and it was 2.5.0.10.   I could assume it was the correct version, but instead of taking that chance I uninstalled it -but I kept Addon Manager installed.   I fired up P3D and just to see if uninstalling GSX made any difference, but still no terminals.    I made sure to download the correct GSX and installed it, once it was installed the Live Update ran .....still no terminals.

I noticed now that I'm not getting all the jet bridges.  It appears some may be missing - but some are there.  SODE is active.  Addon Manager and Couatl's still show in the drop down in the sim.  I tried restarting Couatl with no luck.   I took a look at a couple of my Flightbeam sceneries just to make sure things were working elsewhere and all is well there.     Just no FSDT terminals.  :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 12:42:59 pm »
Addon Manager and Couatl's still show in the drop down in the sim.  I tried restarting Couatl with no luck.   

If you have both these running, it means everything is fine so the only possible explanation, if you are still getting that error at KLAX, is that you haven't installed KLAX.

Note that, if you uninstalled GSX and replied YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" the uninstaller cleared the whole Addon Manager folder, which contains all the support software for all our sceneries so, if you did ever did that at some stage, you now must reinstall all the sceneries, not just GSX.

chrisjake

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 03:51:28 am »
Yeah, there was a point where I said "Yes" to remove the Addon Manager.  I figured it was probably getting to the point of a reinstall.

All's well now.  Uninstalled/reinstalled and everything is back to normal.   :)