Author Topic: customized jetways at fsdt airports notworking correctly  (Read 2272 times)

Baugham2

customized jetways at fsdt airports notworking correctly
« on: October 01, 2018, 07:23:12 pm »
Hi Umberto

Love the GSXlv2 update. Had a few problems but installed latest live update all is well except this new problem. I windows 10   p3dv4.3  and pmdg 737 and 777. I currently have I believe 7 or 9 fsdt airports.

OK here is the problem.  when selecting a customized jetway at fsdt airports the jetway will first swing away from plane towards the wall of building and then move into position at plane.  also when disconnecting from plane the jetway will move back towards the wall. I tried to include two pictures to show the problem. First pic is before I select gsx service,  second shows jetway when activated and also after disconnecting, other than this problem it works great. the bad part ist if another plane is parked beside my plane the jetway will pass thru the other plane. Any help will be appreciated. Keep up the good work. Waiting on KORD!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: customized jetways at fsdt airports notworking correctly
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 09:24:13 pm »
It's best you don't re-customize jetways at FSDT airport that already come with SODE jetways, because they have internal parameters that might conflict with the ones you set in the customization.

Baugham2

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 06:14:19 pm »
Thanks for answering. So as I understand you, we should not use the crystal jetways at FSDT airports because they may be in conflict with the installed ones there.  I don't understand that.  FSDT created gsx and now gsx lv2 with animated passengers and all these new crystal jetways that work great at other airports but not their own???

i had already installed them at 4 FSDT airports before the 9/27 update (new higher jbt jetways added then) and they were working fine. I had completed a number of flights out of and into each.  After the 9/27update i noticed this problem at the FSDT airports that i had already installed the crystal jetways.

i just don't understand this. I would have thought FSDT would definitly want them to work at their airports too!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 11:19:05 pm »
I don't understand that.  FSDT created gsx and now gsx lv2 with animated passengers and all these new crystal jetways that work great at other airports but not their own???

I'm sorry but, in our airports, we put crystal jetways if the real airport has them. In the US, crystal jetways are quite rare, due to fire prevention regulations, while in Europe they are far more common.

Of course, since KCLT already has SODE jetways, passengers WILL use them, it's just that you cannot see them from the outside just like in real life. You can still use custom camera utilities, if you want. The passengers are there.

Baugham2

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 06:51:17 pm »
I have chaseplane, I assume that is what you are referring to. i don't know how to get a camera inside the jetways or in a building for that matter. could you give me a little hint?

thanks for responding.