Author Topic: Icing conditions are a pain in the ....  (Read 1545 times)

Artox67

Icing conditions are a pain in the ....
« on: November 30, 2018, 05:10:05 pm »
Hi Umberto,

the GSX Icing conditions are a pain in the ass and needs a overhaul.

I could not understand why I get this anoying msg when outside are  +8 degrees and sunny.

Also sometimes on -4 degrees and rain nothing happens.

It could not be related to Active Sky weather because all other addons can read the weather without issues.

Please fix this asap.

sw34669

Re: Icing conditions are a pain in the ....
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 10:44:16 pm »
! http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19493.msg135308.html#msg135308

answer was ... GSX should read from temp from simconnect .. which sometimes is corrupt (doesnt show in any other add-on) instead of reading directly from weather engine to get round corruption (thats not seen by LM) in simconnect calls.

In that entire page I didnt get an answer to "If other add-ons, like aircraft, using simconnect, can get the correct outside temp, why cant GSX ". Wierd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Icing conditions are a pain in the ....
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 01:05:20 pm »
I already explained it several times. There are TWO ways of getting the temperature in Simconnect:

- Just reading the temperature variable, which doesn't give the dew point we need as well, since there's NO variable for the dew point.

- Reading the Metar, which gives both. We use this method and, as I've already explained, so many times, the Metar string sometimes arrives corrupted, and the question is what to do when it does.

And, as I've already explained, so many times already, GSX errs on the cautions side of things so, WHEN the Metar IS corrupted, will always allow Deicing (which you can obviously refuse), instead of preventing it, which you could NOT ask if it did.