Author Topic: Help Scripting Engine  (Read 1994 times)

azoctane19

Help Scripting Engine
« on: October 29, 2018, 10:34:35 pm »
Sorry this may be a repeat but not finding good infortmation to follow on how to get this fixed other than these instructions which have not helped much so far. I haven’t flown for a couple weeks maybe more and I hopped back on the other night everything was working great then it said I had an updated for GSX. I then proceeded to wait until this morning and I ran the live update and this starts popping up when I’m the sim. I have followe the instructions and even tried re installing to no avail. If anyone has any ideas that’d be very much appreciated.
Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Help Scripting Engine
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 10:39:49 pm »
The problem of missing menu items under the Addons menu it's usually caused by one of these:

1) Defective antivirus. Download and install with the Antivirus disabled AND configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning BEFORE starting the sim.

OR

2) Missing/Corrupted VC++ libraries in your system. See solution in the "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

Yes, the thread title says "P3DV4", but everything applies to FSX as well, since the libraries required by our software are the same.

azoctane19

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 11:20:55 pm »
Thank you for the advice I have tried still to no avail. I even tried running it without anti virus at all and redownloaded it without anti virus and still no luck. I tried the second method and that seems to have have worked either. That same message still pops up telling me to turn anti virus off even though I have it off already. Sorry about this I just can’t figure this one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 02:20:54 pm »
I'm sorry, but that thread I linked contains everything we know about this issue. In addition to that, we don't support P3D 4.0 anymore, 4.1 is the minimum requirement but, if this was the problem, all menus would be missing.

Since it's just Couatl in your case, it's more likely an antivirus problem.

azoctane19

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 04:34:03 pm »
Ok yeah mine is an fsx problem for not stating that but I will go back and keep troubleshooting and hopefully will find a solution! Will report back if anything is found.