Author Topic: Disable automatic jetway movement?  (Read 3407 times)

CaptKornDog

Disable automatic jetway movement?
« on: October 01, 2017, 03:24:47 am »
Hello all,

While using jetways (appears to be just SODE/FSDT right now), they seem to automatically extend/retract during the middle of the passenger boarding/deboarding process, before it is completed.  Is there a way to totally disable any automatic jetway actions?  I would rather be in manual control of them myself.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 10:10:23 pm by CaptKornDog »

CaptKornDog

Re: Disable automatic jetway movement?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 10:10:48 pm »
Polite bump.  Thanks.

(Asking regarding GSX v1)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 10:13:44 pm »
Nothing in GSX moves the jetways in the middle of boarding/deboarding and surely not before passenger boarding is complete. It must come from some other addon that added some kind of automation. Which airplane you used ?

CaptKornDog

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 03:20:51 pm »
Nothing in GSX moves the jetways in the middle of boarding/deboarding and surely not before passenger boarding is complete. It must come from some other addon that added some kind of automation. Which airplane you used ?

The SODE jetways retract after passenger boarding is complete.  That is what I’m hoping to disable: jetways that retract while I still have cabin doors open.  I’d much rather have manual control of when the jetways retract or extend.

Aircraft I’ve seen this on this far: Leonardo Maddog MD-82, TFDi 717, PMDG 737/747/777, Aerosoft CRJ.

Sabretooth78

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 01:59:15 am »

The SODE jetways retract after passenger boarding is complete.  That is what I’m hoping to disable: jetways that retract while I still have cabin doors open.  I’d much rather have manual control of when the jetways retract or extend.

Aircraft I’ve seen this on this far: Leonardo Maddog MD-82, TFDi 717, PMDG 737/747/777, Aerosoft CRJ.

I can also confirm this behavior; so far I've experienced it with the Aerosoft Airbus Professional and the PMDG NGX.

It occurs when I request boarding; once the boarding is complete and the "ding" sound effect sounds, the jetway immediately begins retracting (if it happened any sooner, the last passenger would have to jump across the gap into the door ;D).  If I operate the jetway without invoking the GSX boarding behavior, the jetway does not retract until I retract it (regardless of the respective aircraft door controls).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 08:53:17 am »
Nothing in GSX moves the jetways in the middle of boarding/deboarding and surely not before passenger boarding is complete.

Are you maybe using the SODE TAB-S menu to operate the jetway ? If yes, that's explains it entirely: with the current version of SODE (this should be fixed in the next one), GSX doesn't know the status of a SODE jetway so, if you operate it with TAB-S, GSX doesn't know it's already docked, so it tries to dock it, resulting in an undocking, since it's already docked.

When using GSX, jetways should ALWAYS operated from the GSX menu. Yes, even in 3rd party airports that come with their own SODE jetways.

With the next update (which will require both an updated SODE and an update to GSX), it won't matter which menu you'll use, and GSX and SODE will be always in sync.

Sabretooth78

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 01:16:23 pm »
Are you maybe using the SODE TAB-S menu to operate the jetway ?

Yes, operating the jetways through the GSX menu (which I have assigned to "tab", in case that is causing things to get crossed up).  In fact the most recent example of this behavior occurred last night while departing KJFK v2, although it also happens at "default scenery" SODE jetways as well.

Prior to the SODE integration I customarily used ctrl+J and didn't use the GSX menu and never had this bug/feature/whatever it is.

beechcaptain

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 03:44:33 pm »
Is there a way to disable the jetway from retracting once pax boarding is complete?  At present, GSX/GSX lvl 2 automatically withdraws the jetway when boarding is finished.  I would like to wait a little longer before disengaging/retracting the jetway if possible.

If not, perhaps could that be an added option in a future update?

Thanks.