Author Topic: GSX Changes to Arrival Selections  (Read 2065 times)

Doc_Z

GSX Changes to Arrival Selections
« on: October 08, 2018, 08:57:14 pm »
GSX works fine through pushback, but often  the screen then switches menus, asking me what gate I want as if should after arrival.  I can't call for the follow-me car, etc.   Sometimes, when I start GSX at the gate, the same thing happens -- I don't get the correct menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Changes to Arrival Selections
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 09:33:00 am »
When you see misplaced gates positions, the cause is never GSX, and it's always the AFCAD from another scenery in conflict.

The most common source of conflicting AFCAD are files supplied with AI Traffic products, like MyTraffic or Traffic X, which are supposed to be used only as an enhancement of default airports, but must be removed if you have an addon airport.

Check the GSX parking customization page: it will tell you the full path name of the AFCAD used by GSX, which will help you understanding a possible conflict.

Doc_Z

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 04:26:59 pm »
My question had nothing to do with missing gates.  I wanted t know why the menu changes after pushback to an arrival menu rather than allowing me to call for the "Follow Me" tug.  Is that an AFCAD problem?  I don't see how. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 09:24:00 pm »
My question had nothing to do with missing gates

My reply was entirely appropriate.

I never said "missing gates". I said "misplaced gates positions". When a gate position is misplaced, GSX will change its menu, because it thinks you are outside of a parking, so it will display the gate selection menu, instead of the parking menu.

That's because it has picked up the wrong AFCAD, the conflicting one.

Doc_Z

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 07:40:02 pm »
I'm still a bit confused.  I wasn't at a gate, this happened after pushback at FSDT JFK.  The airport position customization  says it is using the FSDT.bgl, but it doesn't say there is a SODE jetway.  I am using Ultimate Traffic Live, is that causing the conflict?  If so where do I go to disable the UTL AFCAD?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 12:43:32 pm »
I'm still a bit confused.  I wasn't at a gate, this happened after pushback at FSDT JFK.  The airport position customization  says it is using the FSDT.bgl, but it doesn't say there is a SODE jetway. 

First, you are supposed to see "SODE jetway" only if the jetway was created externally by SODE with a SODE XML file. This is the case for all 3rd party sceneries that use SODE, but not for FSDT ones. The indication will say "Parking has an XML SODE jetway", and the jetway tab won't be editable.

On FSDT JFK, you will just see the "Parking has xx jetways" indication, with the Jetway tab editable. IF you have the latest Live Update, the parking will be flagged with a "/JS" (opposed to just "/J" ), to show it's a SODE jetway, just like the normal GSX menu.

If you have issues at FSDT JFK, the most likely problem is that you already customized the airport before GSX Level 2 so, your old .INI file is taking precedence over the one that comes with the scenery, and it has been updated with SODE jetways. To fix this:

- run the FSDT Live Update and ALLOW to replace the ACAD when asked.

- remove any customization you might have made for JFK in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder