Author Topic: No cabin crew, no passengers  (Read 2742 times)

altena

No cabin crew, no passengers
« on: October 02, 2018, 09:20:17 pm »
Hello Umberto

After installation of GSX next level2, together with GSX, and LSZH in Prepar3Dv4.2, I loaded the PMDG737NGX in Zürich at gateE26. With CTRL-F12, I called the menue, and asked for boarding. I get a green bar, telling how many passengers have been boarded, and in the cockpit, I can hear the cabin crew, giving a welcome (like in the old GSX). Never saw a van with the pilots, and the cabin crew, Also no passengers in the jetway.
Both GSX and GSX2 is active in the Addon manager. I have Window7 Pro installed.

Can you help me with this problem? Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No cabin crew, no passengers
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 10:43:02 pm »
If you mean FSDT Zurich, we still haven't updated it to feature SODE jetways so, passengers will not be seen in regular jetways. Of course, you cannot see a bus at Gate E26, since there's a jetway.

You should try a parking in the open.

altena

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 11:10:46 pm »
Thanks for this quick answer. Is FSDT LSGG updated with SODE?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 11:14:56 pm »
Is FSDT LSGG updated with SODE?

Yes.

altena

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 12:14:58 pm »
Thanks for your answer Umberto. It works like a dream now. I have another question: The passengers number, which are boarding is always 139, and take rather much time. Can I reduce the number of passengers?

Im my PMDG 737NGX, I put the number of passengers at 87. Still the GSX boarded 139 passengers. I also put back the passengers at sparse in the GSX settings menue, without effect.

Could you help me with this?

Thanks for an answer.
Henk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 12:30:56 pm »
I have another question: The passengers number, which are boarding is always 139, and take rather much time. Can I reduce the number of passengers?

See this post here, which answers both the number of passengers and the boarding times

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19189.msg133222.html#msg133222

Im my PMDG 737NGX, I put the number of passengers at 87. Still the GSX boarded 139 passengers. I also put back the passengers at sparse in the GSX settings menue, without effect.

By decreasing the passenger density, you obtain the opposite effect of what you wanted: you *increase* the overall boarding time, since the same number of passengers will board, but they will be more spaced between each other. To reduce the overall boarding time, you must *increase* the Passenger Density instead.

And, in order to have the passenger number in the airplane FMC matching what you see in GSX, the airplane must support that and, right now, the only one I'm aware of that supports this GSX feature, is the FS Labs Airbus, but I know other developers are adding it.

That's what the "Estimate Passenger Number" option does, if disabled: it allows you to control the number of passengers in GSX, regardless if the airplane supports it or not.

altena

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 04:27:48 pm »
Umberto, thanks for helping me out. Following your instructions, I now can give the number of passengers, that should be boarding. The density is now set at very dense (one step before insane :D), and that is right, anyway for boarding at staircases.

Everything is working fine now. Great compliment for this beautiful add-on. Thanks again!!

Henk