Author Topic: Jetway Logo Help  (Read 2527 times)

CactusDx

Jetway Logo Help
« on: September 26, 2018, 04:44:48 pm »
Greetings All,

I've managed to create a logo and it's showing up in the menu for selection in GSX, but it's not rendering correctly in the sim.

I have very little experience working with graphic editors but I do have Paint Shop Pro X5 and DXTBmp installed.

The instructions called for ensuring there was an Alpha layer, which I thought I did, but apparently there are still issues.  The online paint shop pro tutorials I've tried to follow haven't been much help.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway Logo Help
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 12:32:03 am »
I suggest using the Imagetool that comes with the SDK (P3D SDK is free to download, and the tools works also with FSX).

The original image must be in RGB 24 bit and CAN (or not) have an Alpha channel, this depends if you want your logo to be on "your" white background, or you want it to blend with the underlying color of the logo panel, which usually looks better.

- Save the original file in .TGA, which is the easier format to work with and can be either 24 bit (RGB with no Alpha), or 32 bit (RGB + Alpha)

- Open it in the Imagetool.exe from the SDK

- Select the Image->Create Mipmaps from the menu

- Select the Image->Format to change the file format.  If the original image has an Alpha channel, you should select DXT5, otherwise choose DXT1.

- Save the texture as a .DDS

CactusDx

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 08:35:23 am »
Thank you, I'll give that a try!   8)

Mike

CactusDx

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 12:11:11 am »
Got it!

It may not be perfect but it's as good as my current skills will allow.. doesn't look half bad!  ;D