Author Topic: Request - trigger GSX Menu via Simconnect event  (Read 1978 times)

zillmer

Request - trigger GSX Menu via Simconnect event
« on: September 26, 2018, 04:42:31 pm »
Hi,

I am a satisfied user of GSX, and I am currently developing an App for users of Prosim that integrates control of  GSX and Prosim into an iOS/Android app. I am using simconnect to intercept the menus and redisplay them on the app. I also have fuctionality to allow users to select the menu options and also initiate the GSX window.

Most of the functionality is achieved through using Simconnect, but the one area that doesn't is the initial opening of the GSX window. For this I am sending key commands to Prepar3d (typically Ctrl+Shift+F12) to trigger the GSX window. However, this is not proving reliable and it seems that individual user setups, security software etc influences whether the key commands are received.

Is it possible that you could implement, either through a Simconnect Custom Event, or a writeable LVar, the option to trigger the GSX menu?

Regards

Simon.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Request - trigger GSX Menu via Simconnect event
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 12:35:12 am »
For this I am sending key commands to Prepar3d (typically Ctrl+Shift+F12) to trigger the GSX window. However, this is not proving reliable and it seems that individual user setups, security software etc influences whether the key commands are received.

I don't know what method you use to send keys ( Windows messaging, Direct Input, etc ? ) but, there's another developer that is already doing it, and he reported it works just fine. Just be sure of the timings, don't send commands one after each other without any pause, and also read this file:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\KeyMappings.INI

to be sure of the *actual* keystroke used by GSX, which users might have customized.