Author Topic: GSX Menu not showing (Solved)  (Read 17191 times)

olddogg60

Re: GSX Menu not showing
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2018, 07:49:44 pm »
I will check those out.  Thank you.

Bill

olddogg60

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2018, 10:51:53 pm »
    I tried all of those steps and still no Addon Manager or GSX menus in the P3D Addon drop down menu.

Bill
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 10:57:50 pm by olddogg60 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2018, 10:59:13 pm »
 try the Couatl test mode manually, by doing this:

- Open a command prompt ( Start->CMD->Enter ) and go to the Addon Manager\Couatl folder

- Type the following:

Couatl.exe --test

If there's a problem with missing system libraries, you might see some kind of error from Windows, saying something about it.

olddogg60

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2018, 11:12:54 pm »
      I just tried the couatl.exe --test and I didn't receive an error message.

Entered this -

C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl>couatl.exe --test

Returned this -

C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl>

Thanks again for your efforts.

Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2018, 11:15:18 pm »
This means there's nothing wrong with our software, and it could be started normally and returned with no errors. So, the problem must be the simulator itself.

Do you have SODE installed (you should, since it comes with GSX) ? Try to start the SODE Platform Manager, and see if it says something about possible errors.

olddogg60

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2018, 11:58:10 pm »
    I do have SODE installed.  The log file is quite long so I won't attempt to post it here.  A short way down in the log entries I see this -

[14:14:19.699] WARN SODE.XML : No XML Files found! Nothing added to Lists.

Further down this -

[14:14:19.727] ERROR SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : Failed to load xml file 'C:\Users\olddo\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Orbx ObjectFlow 2\add-on.xml' (Code=17)

These entries are in red and obviously errors.  There is an add-on.xml file in this folder.

Bill
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 04:40:21 pm by olddogg60 »

olddogg60

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2018, 06:58:32 pm »
    Any more thoughts Umberto?  It seems like many other folks are having a variety of problems with GSX Level 2.  For myself, I can't get GSX or Level 2 to work at all now.

Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2018, 12:04:59 am »
Any more thoughts Umberto?

Not possible without checking your system. You haven't said which simulator you used.

It seems like many other folks are having a variety of problems with GSX Level 2.

All the reported problems have been fixed.

For myself, I can't get GSX or Level 2 to work at all now.

Yours is still a mistery, but I'm 100% it's NOT GSX. I'll contact you to have a Teamviewer session to check what's wrong with your system.

olddogg60

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2018, 12:40:24 am »
My system is Win 10 64 bit and I'm running P3Dv4.3.

Bill

olddogg60

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2018, 02:09:31 am »
    I believe that the problem is solved.  I don't know what was wrong initially with the menu not coming up when using SHT F12 but some where in all of my installing and uninstalling ADDON Manager was broken and ADDON Manager and GSX wheren't in the drop down menu at all.  I believe there might have been a recommendation to download and install ADDON Manager on it's own, which I did.  When I would uninstall GSX I was asked if I wanted ADDON Manager Removed and I would respond yes.  Today I decided to uninstall and reinstall GSX again and after I did that I noticed in the list of programs, that ADDON Manager was still listed further down the list.  I selected ADDON Manager to be uninstalled there and then reinstalled GSX Level 2.  The result is that GSX seems to be working as advertised.
    I will now happily go away and stop bothering you.   :D  A big thanks for all your efforts and a great addon.

Bill