Author Topic: PMDG 747-8  (Read 2518 times)

hilkiah

PMDG 747-8
« on: September 23, 2018, 10:29:47 pm »
Hi all, 

I'm having some issues with GSX v2 and the PMDG 747-8i (passenger...haven't tried the freighter version yet). 

For starters my cargo won't load even though the FWD, AFT and Bulk doors are open and the loading vehicles are in place.

Secondly despite door 2 being open, I keep getting a message to open door 2.  Note that my passengers do board and deboard but since my cargo never loads I always have to reset GSX before proceeding to pushback.

Thirdly, how can I adjust the time it takes to board and deboard?  In the old version of GSX you could set  a per passenger time etc.  What is the equivalent in GSX v2?

I know the 748 is a recent product (released yesterday), but has anyone else experienced these issues and if so, how did you resolve them.

Thanks much.
Hilkiah

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG 747-8
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 11:31:46 pm »
Since GSX has been released in 2012, it never worked with any airplane, unless a proper configuration is made for it. By using the included airplane configuration editor, you can customize every airplane, if it's not already included with GSX and about this one, of course, being released just today, on a Sunday to begin with, you cannot expect it would be already included.

The issue of GSX not detecting doors, is due to the fact the airplane surely use non-standard variables to control its doors. Which is why, the GSX airplane configuration editor give you a choice between either writing a custom XML expression, which will contain the name of the custom L: variable used by this plane, or you can tell GSX to IGNORE the door's status altogether.

This is of course fully explained in the GSX manual, at Page 47

So, you can either try making a configuration yourself, or wait for us to do one which will be included in GSX.

About the boarding time with passengers, this is controlled by the "Passenger Density" slider, which is explained at Page 26 of the GSX manual.

hilkiah

Re: PMDG 747-8
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 11:52:36 pm »
Thanks Umberto.