Author Topic: 3rd party airport sceneries I don't see jetways  (Read 3809 times)

SimForLife

3rd party airport sceneries I don't see jetways
« on: September 22, 2018, 03:08:42 am »
Hi Umberto:

I've tried various things while reading throughout the forum. I don't see jetways at my 3rd party sceneries ie: aerosoft Frankfurt main, or drzewiecki JFK, Laguardia, I've deleted and/or removed all files in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder. rebooted and nothing. I used the GSX Level 2 Control Panel to restore default jetways and still no 3rd party jetways. When I uninstalled GSX and reboot my PC my 3rd party jetways return with no problems. so, I don't know what GSX might be doing to prevent the jetways from showing up for the 3rd party jetways.

On another note - I can't use the editor keys for GSX Vehicle positions - because the default keys the bulk of the keys use the numpad and those keys I have them setup for my Ezdok camera views. Is there anything for me to re-map the keys.

As always umberto your wisdom and advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

pete_auau

Re: 3rd party airport sceneries I don't see jetways
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 05:20:13 am »
Hi Umberto:

I've tried various things while reading throughout the forum. I don't see jetways at my 3rd party sceneries ie: aerosoft Frankfurt main, or drzewiecki JFK, Laguardia, I've deleted and/or removed all files in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder. rebooted and nothing. I used the GSX Level 2 Control Panel to restore default jetways and still no 3rd party jetways. When I uninstalled GSX and reboot my PC my 3rd party jetways return with no problems. so, I don't know what GSX might be doing to prevent the jetways from showing up for the 3rd party jetways.

On another note - I can't use the editor keys for GSX Vehicle positions - because the default keys the bulk of the keys use the numpad and those keys I have them setup for my Ezdok camera views. Is there anything for me to re-map the keys.

As always umberto your wisdom and advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Don't  know   about  your  first issue  but  with  your second  issue   iam  using  chase  plane  and  had  the  same  issue,   when  I  want  to  edit  things  I  just  don't  run  chase  plane  at all  and  when iam  finished I just simply  start  chase  plane   again,  so  don't  know  if your  able  not  to  run  ezdok

SimForLife

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 07:26:21 pm »
Pete:

Good thought buddy I'm going to give that a try - and turn off Ezdok camera and see if I can then position my jetways and things. How do you like chaseplane i'm thinking of switching over.

SimForLife

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 07:44:27 pm »
Umberto:

Any chance you can take a look at my post and let me know your thoughts

thanks

pete_auau

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 05:25:59 am »
Pete:

Good thought buddy I'm going to give that a try - and turn off Ezdok camera and see if I can then position my jetways and things. How do you like chaseplane i'm thinking of switching over.

Yep  cant  go  wrong  with  chase  plane  always  getting  updates  etc   and  the  dev  is  most  help  full  plus  works  straight  out  of  the  box  with  hardly  any  issues  in setting  up

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 06:41:13 pm »
When I uninstalled GSX and reboot my PC my 3rd party jetways return with no problems. so, I don't know what GSX might be doing to prevent the jetways from showing up for the 3rd party jetways.

It would be best if you clarified what do you mean with "3rd party jetways".

- If you mean custom jetways using the default CTRL+J method, it's NOT possible GSX would make these to disappear, unless YOU do an exclude file for each airport with the editor. None of these jetways are affected or replaced automatically.

- If you mean SODE jetways in 3rd party sceneries, surely GSX doesn't change their files and, normally, is not even possible to replace them if you don't remove their SODE XML files manually.

So, in both cases, unless you did lots of things by yourself, is not possible that GSX could affect 3rd party jetways.

SimForLife

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 09:15:30 pm »
No I didn't exclude anyting nor did i remove any XML files. I have airport sceneries from various different developers and they use either Crtl/J or SODE. Let me try to reinstall the sceneries and see what happens.

Thanks,

SimForLife

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 09:29:22 pm »
Umberto:

quick question can we remapp the key assignments you have for editor keys - the NumPad keys I use for my camera views and whenever I tried to edit the jetways, vehicles or plane I can't because I have my NumPad keys being utilized by EZdok camera.

SimForLife

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 09:31:19 pm »
Hey Pete:

Your suggestion about EZdok didn't work for me. I'm definitely going to purchased chaseplane thanks for the advice.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 11:35:42 pm »
quick question can we remapp the key assignments you have for editor keys

The GSX editor simply use the default Slew keys so, they can theoretically changed in the standard Control page but, if another addon it also using the Slew keys, it will continue to "steal" them from GSX, even if you change them.

That's dependent also by the way the other addon reads the keyboard. If it reads it directly, if you change the Slew keys in the Controls page to something unused, it will probably work together with GSX. But if it uses the standard Simconnect way (like GSX), they cannot be used together.

SimForLife

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 02:45:39 am »
Umberto:

OK, let me give it a shot and make sure the slew keys are reassigned so I can edit GSX - I'll let you know it works out, and as always all the help with your wealth of knowledge and this great product. I love it even if I can't figure out the remapping.

JESEVI

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 02:43:18 pm »
I have EZdok and the trick is just to disable/enable it. I use for that the minus key '-'.

Best regards
Jesus Serrano

Greetings from sunny Spain