Author Topic: GSX reading default afcad  (Read 7767 times)

Jimin1209

Re: GSX reading default afcad
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2018, 07:30:40 pm »
Hello Umberto,

When will you fix this error? i can't fly because of this problem :'(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2018, 09:46:38 pm »
When will you fix this error? i can't fly because of this problem

We don't know when it will be fixed. It's not easy for us testing a non-Western Windows installation. You might try creating a new user account using only western characters for the name, but you'll have to reinstall the simulator there.

Jimin1209

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 12:38:39 am »
Everything is fine before update to GSX V2, why GSX V2 have this problem? At v1 GSX reading correct afcad.. and i have couatl problem also :'(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2018, 08:39:34 am »
Everything is fine before update to GSX V2, why GSX V2 have this problem? At v1 GSX reading correct afcad..

Because we changed the way we read the scenery library because, with the previous method, it wasn't possible to know the layer of scenery files added with the add-on.xml method so, if you used something like the Lorby Addon Organizer to rearrange them, GSX would know their layers, so it could "read the wrong AFCAD". But this method read the scenery_addons.XML file created by the simulator and, it's much easier to detect and support Unicode when reading an .XML file. Unfortunately, this file doesn't include the scenery layer.

So, in order to FIX the chance of reading the wrong AFCAD, we had to read the add-ons.cfg file instead and, since this is not an XML, its encoding is not certain, some utilities change it, some users change it, and it's apparently affected by your user name.

So, it's not a GSX "bug", it's a result of trying to make it MORE reliable in reading the correct scenery because, in the previous version, if you (or an utility) changed the layer of sceneries installed with the add-on.xml method, it was very likely to end up reading the wrong AFCAD. Since there are not that many users using a non-Western alphabet in their user name, this hasn't come up until you reported it.

As I've said, we'll have a look at this and, in the meantime, you might be able to fix it by changing the user name.

and i have couatl problem also :'(

What "problem" ?

Jimin1209

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2018, 07:04:34 pm »
This error

I tried exclude addon manager folder in AV program then reinstall GSX but still have problem

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2018, 11:48:45 pm »
I tried exclude addon manager folder in AV program then reinstall GSX but still have problem

Why you installed GSX inside the simulator ? The installer doesn't suggest that folder and, in fact, installing inside the simulator is probably the worse possible choice.

Uninstall everything, reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager", and reinstall using either the suggested folder, or another drive, but NOT inside the simulator.

Jimin1209

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2018, 12:04:11 am »
Tried install in another folder (not in sim folder) but still showing problem

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2018, 12:08:28 am »
Tried install in another folder (not in sim folder) but still showing problem

But it worked before (just not reading the correct AFCAD ) ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18725.msg129968.html#msg129968

Jimin1209

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2018, 01:56:06 am »
When i restart couatl or restart couatl and airport cache rebuild i show that error

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2018, 11:40:00 pm »
Could you please try running the FSDT Live Update now ? We posted an Addon Manager update which should hopefully fix your problem, which was caused by your username being Unicode.

Jimin1209

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2018, 12:14:08 pm »
I ran the live update which error fixed? Couatl error or afcad?