Author Topic: SODE jetways not working in Level 2 with stock airports  (Read 4117 times)

MTN1794

SODE jetways not working in Level 2 with stock airports
« on: September 21, 2018, 06:10:23 am »
GSX Level 2's jetways work at PHNL (I purchased it from FSDreamTeam), but not at stock KBOI or KDEN (for instance).  It says SODE is not working in the latter two cases.  I have purchased the product and entered the serial number and the indication says it is active.  Seems like it's still running in the trial mode perhaps.  It is all updated.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled GSX Level 2.  I've read the manual (am I overlooking something in it?).  Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, but any patient help is appreciated.  Thank you.
I'm running P3D v4.3, windows 10, Nvidia GTX 1070.  I had my antivirus software off when I downloaded and installed it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 06:14:30 am by MTN1794 »

ArJuna

Re: SODE jetways not working in Level 2 with stock airports
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 07:05:16 am »
GSX Level 2 is supposed to be "Fully Functional" at ALL FSDT airports, even if you have not paid for the Level 2 upgrade.

I have a few FSDT Airports. I am sitting at KDFW by FSDT and not a single gate has SODE Jetways working.

The sick part is that the Ultimate Traffic Live aircraft sitting at the gate next to me has beautiful working SODE Jetways.

This product is ALPHA software, not even close to BETA.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 01:35:09 pm »
GSX Level 2 is supposed to be "Fully Functional" at ALL FSDT airports, even if you have not paid for the Level 2 upgrade.

It obviously is. Since a big part of it are animated passengers, they will be "fully functional" at ALL FSDT airports, in parking spots with a but. And, it will be "fully functional", meaning you can use the full capabilities of the Jetway editor, to replace CTRL+J jetways at FSDT airports, just like on any other 3rd party airport where you must replace non-default CTRL+J jetways.

If you want to do this on a 3rd party airport, you must purchase GSX Level 2. But on an FSDT airport, it can be done even in Trial mode. So yes, I can only confirm that GSX IS "fully functional" on FSDT airports, without requiring a purchase.

I have a few FSDT Airports. I am sitting at KDFW by FSDT and not a single gate has SODE Jetways working.

That's because KDFW doesn't use SODE Jetways, which shouldn't be surprising, considering it has been released in 2010, 8 YEARS ago and more than 5 years before SODE!

We confirmed several times in the forum, we'll released updated with SODE jetways for all our airports. As of today:

KSDF
KCLT
KMEM
KIAH
KLAS

Already had SODE jetways before the release of GSX Level 2.

KFJK
LSGG

Have been updated shortly after GSX Level 2, so they too have SODE jetways now.

We ARE currently working on:

KLAX
CYVR

Which will be released in the next days.

During the next week, we'll continue publish updates for all the rest of our older sceneries to add SODE jetways.

The sick part is that the Ultimate Traffic Live aircraft sitting at the gate next to me has beautiful working SODE Jetways.

Surely that's NOT possible at FSDT KDFW, since (as you might have noticed it), there are NO SODE jetways at FSDT KDFW.

This product is ALPHA software, not even close to BETA.

You are sadly mistaken. You confused a shortcoming of an OLD (8-years old) FSDT scenery, which we WILL update anyway in the next weeks, with a supposed "problem" in GSX Level 2 which, instead, is working exactly as expected there, and as announced months ago.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 11:23:21 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 01:38:42 pm »
GSX Level 2's jetways work at PHNL (I purchased it from FSDreamTeam), but not at stock KBOI or KDEN (for instance).  It says SODE is not working in the latter two cases.  

GSX Level 2 jetways surely are not working at PHNL, since we still haven't updated it for SODE jetways. The working jetways you see, are those that always worked with the scenery, which use the standard animation system controlled by CTRL+J. We'll update PHNL to add SODE jetways in the next weeks, like all our other older sceneries.

Instead, GSX Level 2 surely works at those two stock airports but, it would be best if you posted the PRECISE, EXACT text of the SODE error, because they might indicate different things, like a simple issue of jetway not working on that position, because of your airplane type and parking position, or they might indicate a *problem* with SODE.

MTN1794

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 04:52:20 pm »
Thank you.  I'll have a look to see if I can find the SODE error text and get to you.

MTN1794

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 05:15:42 pm »
I've looked for the location of a SODE error, but I cannot find it.  Where is it in Windows 10?

DreamSkywards

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 05:28:12 pm »
Should be in C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\log

(Also thanks Umberto for the timeline of updates, looking forward to Zurich! You guys do a better job than me.  ;D)

MTN1794

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 05:55:59 pm »
There is no 12bpilot in that folder - or anywhere else for that matter.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 11:24:42 pm »
There is no 12bpilot in that folder - or anywhere else for that matter.

That seems to indicate SODE hasn't even started, which is strange. Try to download and install it manually, from its website:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/

MTN1794

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2018, 01:12:51 am »
I downloaded the Installer_SODE_v1.6.3 just fine, but it did not load.  Instead I got the following message:
"There is a problem with this windows installer program.  A program required for this install to complete could not be run.  Contact your support personnel or package vendor."
By the way, I had my antivirus and firewall turned off when I downloaded it and when I tried to install it.

MTN1794

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2018, 01:31:41 am »
I have SODE 1.5.2 installed.  I tried to delete it and it failed to remove it.  Something is hung up.  I'll keep digging.

MTN1794

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2018, 01:45:32 am »
I removed the stubborn program 1.5.2 with MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta that I downloaded.  Then I was able to add the SODE 1.6.3, so now I'll see how things are working.  I'll get back to this when I find out.

MTN1794

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2018, 02:14:46 am »
Seems to be working fine now.  The problem seems to have been the old SODE version which would not uninstall normally.