Author Topic: Two Level 2 passenger animation questions  (Read 2096 times)

ChuckOman

Two Level 2 passenger animation questions
« on: September 14, 2018, 08:13:19 pm »
Umberto -

Installed 2.5, and all is working well on my P3D4 system. 
Having your beautifully detailed SODE with all the great options everywhere is wonderful.

Two questions relating to the new GSX Level 2 passenger animations:

- Boarding/deboarding a smaller GA aircraft (e.g. F1 B200 Super King Air or MilViz BE55) on the ramp with GSX, both crew and passenger vans appear, but no crew or passenger animations are triggered as they are with larger aircraft.  Not a big issue but would be helpful to know what determines whether crew/passenger animations are active, and what to expect.  e.g.  Is there some minimum payload weight ?  Must the airplane have a boarding door with no internal stairway ?

- At the starting of boarding/deboarding of larger aircraft, crew and passenger walking is at first briefly interrupted - but after 30-60 seconds, the stagger disappears everyone seems to walk smoothly.  Is this normal and because the human models are being loaded ? 

BTW: I am running a 3.2Ghz I7, with GTX1060 and 24 GB memory.  I installed GSX v2.5 via defaults to my SATA HDD  C: Program Files (x86)   However my P3D4.3 is on E:, a faster SSD. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Two Level 2 passenger animation questions
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 12:02:20 am »
Must the airplane have a boarding door with no internal stairway ?

Internal staircases are supported, but you must configure them. See GSX manual, Page 48, the explanation of "Embedded Staircases". Without a stair, either external or internal, passengers won't work.

At the starting of boarding/deboarding of larger aircraft, crew and passenger walking is at first briefly interrupted - but after 30-60 seconds, the stagger disappears everyone seems to walk smoothly.  Is this normal and because the human models are being loaded ? 

A pause is normal, but surely not for 30-60 secs! Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole simulator folder, in addition to the Addon Manager folder.

ChuckOman

Re: Two Level 2 passenger animation questions
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 01:46:56 am »
Thanks.  I thought I'd correctly customized the F1 B200 Super King Air stairway steps, but must have messed up.   So there is no minimum crew and passengers, and at MTOGW, if I get the stiars working I should expect to see 2 pilots, and maybe one FA emerge from crew truck, and eventually 4-5 pax (220 lb/each) from the pax van ?

Didn't mean to imply the passenger animation stagger was a 60-120 sec freeze.  Only brief, maybe 0.2 sec pause, repeating randomly every few seconds - guessing it might be because GSX has inserted a new passenger object it hasn't displayed before.  After 60-120 sec, the animation  smooths out, perhaps since pax models are now being reused. If for example I do a deboard of a hundred passengers first, I'll notice then stagger in the beginning.  If I then board the same number of crew and passengers, I don't see it. Not a big deal. 

Congratulations on this - it adds a lot of realism.  Makes me want to put crystal bridges everywhere.