Author Topic: GSX don't recognise P3D V3 in installation  (Read 1574 times)

GDO92FS

GSX don't recognise P3D V3 in installation
« on: July 18, 2019, 07:50:30 pm »

Hello,

Couple of months ago I bought the GSX combi pack, it worked great in my P3D V3. Since I receaved some notifications for an GSX update I accepted.
I started my P3D and got some error messages about the addon manager, so I decided to uninstall and make a fresh installation.
Now the problem during the installation, I should choose in which sim i want GSX to install but it says P3D V3 isn't installed. It says FSX,P3D V1,V2 are installed but I never owned these versions except from FSX.
Can anybody help me with this?

Regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX don't recognise P3D V3 in installation
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 11:08:46 am »
Now the problem during the installation, I should choose in which sim i want GSX to install but it says P3D V3 isn't installed.

This because your P3D V3 is too old. We only support the latest version, 3.4, which supports the add-on.xml installation format for add-ons.

It says FSX,P3D V1,V2 are installed but I never owned these versions except from FSX.

This because you or some kind of very dangerous "migration tool" utility has corrupted your registry by creating fake entries for all the simulators, likely to fool installers not compliant with P3D to force install in there. And this, of course, is a very bad practice, because it will confuse all proper installers, like GSX, which properly recognize all the different supported simulators as they are, causing endless problems.