Author Topic: GSX L2 Active but no edit options available  (Read 1593 times)

karank

GSX L2 Active but no edit options available
« on: September 16, 2018, 12:53:25 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Congratulations on the release of GSX Level 2. I picked it up the day it was released but only recently managed to find some time to try it out. As with similar threads, I ran into a few issues I hope you could clarify.

Firstly, GSX L2 is active and says so in 'Addon Manager' but on each launch of the sim, P3D asks me if I'd like to activate GSX Level 2. Is this normal? Each time it creates a backup registration key but somehow that activation isn't retained. Keep in mind that it does not ask me for a key on the next sim launch, just a pop-up asking if I'd like to activate it. See the screenshots below. I'm not sure why this is happening as I don't have any anti-virus software installed and my entire flight sim directory along with GSX related folders have been excluded from MalwareBytes. I've run Live Update with the sim running multiple times to ensure I have the latest version of everything.

Secondly, I do not have any additional options that GSX L2 should provide when trying to edit a scenery. I've gone through the manual as well as the tutorial thread here and several others in search for some answers but I couldn't find any. I'm trying to edit ImagineSim VIDP which was originally made for FSX and then updated to work in P3Dv4. I've checked the scenery folder and the jetways are a separate bgl from the terminal so I know it meets the basic criteria of GSX L2 SODE jetway insertion. However, when trying to edit a parking position, I don't have the 'Customize jetways' tab or the 'Jetway exclude radius' options. See screenshot below.

This is not isolated to one parking position or this airport, I can't seem to get the aforementioned options anywhere.
Both GSX and GSX L2 are active in Addon Manager. See screenshots below.

I'm not sure how to proceed. I've even tried disabling the jetway.bgl in the scenery to see if that works even though the manual and your replies to others here says that shouldn't be necessary but even that method did not work. What do you suggest I should do in order to proceed?

Thanks again for your help and I hope you continue to build on L2 with several more options as you've done with GSX L1 in the past.

UPDATE 1: I just tried to use GSX services to board passengers and the bus showed up with black passenger models as was the case before GSX L2 release with no visible passengers leaving the bus and heading for the aircraft. This behavior seems to indicate that GSX L2 isn't installed at all yet Addon Manager clearly states that the product is not only installed but active as well.

UPDATE 2: After re-installing several times, it finally worked. When it asked me to activate the product on P3D launch, I selected 'No' which reverted it to 'Trial mode'. I then re-registered the product in Addon Manager and it seems to be working fine now. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 02:15:59 pm by karank »