Author Topic: GSX L2 LSZH without Passangers?  (Read 3101 times)

Pit

GSX L2 LSZH without Passangers?
« on: September 09, 2018, 02:59:38 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I am just trying the new features of GSX 2.5 (Level2) in TRIAL MODE, I noticed that at LSZH ( FSDT scenery ZürichX V2.8.1 is installed and active) I see no passengers deboarding neither boarding..... fuirthermore, it is not possibile to edit the jetways on this airport scenery: is this intented while in TRIAL MODE or a bug/failure/install problem i´ve got? On default airport like EDDM I can see passengers de-boarding.

See my screenshot below:

P3Dv4.3/WIN 10 64Bit/8GB RAM

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX L2 LSZH without Passangers?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 04:59:46 pm »
It's entirely normal. While it's true you can use GSX (with Level 2 too) freely at all FSDT airports, in order for passengers to walk through jetways, they must be SODE jetways, but Zurich used standard jetways that, not being default, are not automatically replaced by GSX.

So, you can consider Zurich to be like any other 3rd party scenery, which requires jetway replacement as explained in this video tutorial here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18372.0.html

Of course, in the next weeks or so, we'll release updates for all our older sceneries to support SODE jetways (even for us, with GSX Level 2, it's much easier than before), and we already did it for JFK, but all the others will follow. In the meantime, you can try do it yourself.

Of course, you can still try passengers at Zurich, if you use a parking on the Apron, instead of a Gate.

As of today, the FSDT sceneries that use SODE jetways are:

JFK2 - New York
KLAS - Las Vegas
KIAH - Houston
KMEM - Memphis
KCLT - Charlotte
KSDF - Louisville

Pit

Re: GSX L2 LSZH without Passangers?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 07:23:35 pm »
Thanks for the explanations Umberto,

in fact I didn´t understand all the differences between default, sode, static- jetways, but  now it is kinda clearer. I hope you will have time to implement Level2 on LSZH soon.
In the mean time I will have to experiment and read the manual of course, I will use  a parking instead of a gate when in Zürich, at least until I will get the jetways working for me too.

One thing, I was suprised to find the "FSDT GSX Control Panel" on the desktop and not on the "Settings" of GSX itself. I finally discovered the control panel after your answer on a question another User posted in this forum, I was looking for a long long time for this important Control Panel!! Sure, I didn´t read until page 44 of the manual.. ...my fault! ;)

Regards, Pit.