Author Topic: Any way we could get a small update to this?  (Read 3584 times)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Any way we could get a small update to this?
« on: December 17, 2010, 05:44:15 pm »
Umberto,

After the release of KDFW I noticed that the lights on the poles at the terminals and lights on poles else where stay on regardless of the distance to them, unless of course you move outside of the scenery range.

What I wanted to know is if you could update Addon Manager to load the lights at KORD and KFLL so that they are like KDFWs lights and aren't so depandant on being a certain distance to them or so that they can all load when the scenery loads. The reason being is that sometimes at ORD and FLL the lights dont come on until you are very close and sometimes when they do come on, not all of them come on. I included a few shots, one of which is from ORD where it shows the lights on at a terminal, however some of the orbs didn't come on. I also put a shot of FLL where the lights are on at the FedEx ramp but the terminal I am near haven't clicked on yet.

I know we can adjust this thru the Addon Manager by moving the slider to the right all the way up to 30, however that wont isolate the lights and it will preload everything else sooner as well. Since it doens't seem like having all the lights on at KDFW effects FPS at all it would be nice if you could program them to all turn on in the other sceneries as well.

Thanks in advance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Any way we could get a small update to this?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 10:08:51 pm »
Lights at KJFK and KORD are default FSX effects, which are handled by FSX and sometimes effects have visual problems, like not being visible at certain angles, but it's nothing that can be fixed easily without making a lot of changes in the modeling.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Any way we could get a small update to this?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 12:43:44 am »
Oh ok, same goes for the lights at KFLL?

Is it something maybe you guys would consider if ORD, JFK, or FL every get any serious updates? Frankly I never noticed the lights at JFK beside the taxiway lights the pop on and off at night, but was more concerned about the lights on the poles of ORD and FLL. However, I understand if it is a lot of work to change them to stay on always at night like DFW's are.

Regards