Author Topic: Wishlist  (Read 2057 times)

Guenseli

Wishlist
« on: August 24, 2018, 08:57:08 am »
Hello,

I just want to add some wishes, maybe the one or the other would be fulfilled in a future version:

- refuling for GA possible also when not on parking positions

Many airports do not have defined GA parking spots and especially with GA you are not tied to a strict position as it is with airliners. But when not at a exact position, refuling is not possible. So would be nice, if I could call the refuling car in any case.

- GSX should be active, when I load my airplane automatically, so that I do not have to call the menu. I really like to see my plane loaded and all the stuff should be around me (like the pylons are already) I think, the best would be, if I could define airplanes via an option, because that function wouldn't be valid for all addons.

- Follow me car instantly or waiting:

on certain airports I have to wait several minutes for the follow me car. Would be nice to have the option to make it appear instantly, or better, I cn call it before approach (as I choose the gate already short before approach) and the follow me is already waiting. However I'm aware, that sounds complicated as GSX have to know which RWY I use ...

- make choosing of operator optional:

I really do not care which operator serves me, but I know others do of course. But for the people, which do not, could you implement an option, that GSX shouldn't ask about an operator or airline to save us a few cliks in the menu?

So, that isn't a list of must haves, these are just suggestions and I hope to see some of them included one day.
many thanks and also many thanks for this great addon!!!
Günter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Wishlist
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 12:23:51 pm »
Many airports do not have defined GA parking spots and especially with GA you are not tied to a strict position as it is with airliners. But when not at a exact position, refuling is not possible. So would be nice, if I could call the refuling car in any case.

This might be possible but, how do you define a GA airplane or, better yet, one that has permission to call refueling from anywhere ?

GSX should be active, when I load my airplane automatically, so that I do not have to call the menu. I really like to see my plane loaded and all the stuff should be around me (like the pylons are already) I think, the best would be, if I could define airplanes via an option, because that function wouldn't be valid for all addons.

Not sure I understand you. You want something as an automatic CTRL+Shift+F12 key being pressed for you ? And how it's supposed to know what services you then require ?

on certain airports I have to wait several minutes for the follow me car. Would be nice to have the option to make it appear instantly, or better, I cn call it before approach (as I choose the gate already short before approach) and the follow me is already waiting. However I'm aware, that sounds complicated as GSX have to know which RWY I use ...

It's not only the rwy you use, it's the actual position on the runway you'll be at the end, because it would affect both the follow me location and the return path it will have to undertake so maybe it CAN be (unrealistically) made to "popup" in front of you, but doing the actual path before you land will be almost impossible, because it would have to guess where you will stop on the runway. And what if you don't stop on the expected spot ? What if you do a missed approach ? What if you end up in an unreachable position because there's no path to it ?

I really do not care which operator serves me, but I know others do of course. But for the people, which do not, could you implement an option, that GSX shouldn't ask about an operator or airline to save us a few cliks in the menu?

There's no need for you to click anything right now. The menu has a timeout of a few seconds and, if you just ignore the menu, it will use the default operator.

Guenseli

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 08:58:55 am »
Hello Umberto,

thanks for answering!

how do you define a GA airplane or, better yet, one that has permission to call refueling from anywhere ?

I would suggest that the default state would be as it is currently and you could add an option in the GSX Aircraft Editor to call fuel truck from anywhere?

GSX should be active, when I load my airplane automatically

No, the menu shouldn't pop up. I just want to see all the stairs (if so), baggage cars and push back initially be shown when I load my flight.
Currently, if enabled, when I load a plane, I could already see the pylons without any interaction. In the same way, it should be possible to see all the other stuff mentioned also.
Maybe this has also to be optional in the aircraft settings

And about Follow Me…. yes, I feared it could be difficult.
However any solution to reduc the amount of time waiting for it would be nice.
Maybe (and maybe optional) the Follow Me could be spawned in a nearer distance … and I personally do not have a problem if it will be pop up in front of me. Better than waiting. So maybe that could be an option for impatient users like me ;)

About airline selection:

not a real issue of course, but - again maybe optional - for users who do not care, the airline choosing could be suppressed.

Many thanks for taking time to answer!
Günter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 09:27:59 pm »
So maybe that could be an option for impatient users like me ;)

It's called "Time acceleration" (Simulation Rate) in the sim...we try not to needlessly duplicate features that are already present in the simulator.

not a real issue of course, but - again maybe optional - for users who do not care, the airline choosing could be suppressed.

As I've said, don't do anything, and the selection will be automatic.