Author Topic: Follow Me AI  (Read 1694 times)

Ghostrider114

Follow Me AI
« on: August 07, 2018, 05:06:50 am »
I realize that GSX is optimized for use with commercial aircraft at gates, but the parking and Follow Me system really struggles if you are parking anywhere else.  In FSX, if you want to go to GA parking, GND directs you to "parking," so it can be difficult to pick out the right parking space in the GSX menu, especially if the airport has more then one GA ramp.  That means that the marshaller could be across the field from where GND directed you.  Also, Follow Me does not seem aware of other traffic, so if it deviates from GND's cleared route, it can lead you into other aircraft on the ramp.

Maybe there's some way for the Follow Me to pull from whatever data the progressive taxi line is using to direct you to the correct space if you don't already know the parking space number?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Follow Me AI
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 01:54:42 pm »
It's not possible to obtain data from the sim about the assigned parking.

And yes, the Follow Me is not aware of other traffic. We thought a lot about it and, the only possible ways to prevent AI ground collisions would be:

1) Replace entirely the AI engine of the sim and let them all be handled by GSX. This could probably be a whole separate product in its own right.

OR

2) "Cheat", and just destroy any AI that is following the same ground path as the Follow Me. This might be possible, but will put some strain on performances, since GSX would then have to monitor ALL AIs positions in realtime.

Ghostrider114

Re: Follow Me AI
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 08:06:44 am »
yeah, I see how that could be a catch-22.  Thanks anyway.