Author Topic: Aerosoft NEW A319 Professional  (Read 2649 times)

alpha117

Aerosoft NEW A319 Professional
« on: July 16, 2018, 03:48:39 pm »
Hi All

For some strange reason I only get the 'mini bus' when boarding instead of the normal 'large bus'

I've updated GSX, any ideas ?

http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj491/alpha687/gsx1_zpsrr8ncwoa.png

Just checked, GSX only loads '1' PAX

Thanks

« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 06:40:48 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aerosoft NEW A319 Professional
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 07:06:51 pm »
For some strange reason I only get the 'mini bus' when boarding instead of the normal 'large bus'

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18111.msg126501.html#msg126501

NOTE that, as usual with the Aerosoft Airbus, if you call GSX before setting the payload, GSX cannot estimate the number of passengers onboard correctly (since the airplane is still empty), which usually result in the wrong number of luggage carts and the wrong passengers bus called.

By turning off the new "Estimate passengers number" in the GSX Settings->Simulation page, you can now explicitly set the number of passengers so, GSX won't be confused anymore by any custom progressive payload simulation the airplane might have in place.

alpha117

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 07:58:02 pm »
Thanks Umberto,

Turning this feature 'off' does this also effect other aircraft?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 01:10:01 pm »
Turning this feature 'off' does this also effect other aircraft?

Yes, of course, since it's a general GSX setting, and it's not per-aircraft. It simply mans GSX will ask for confirmation of the number of passengers it has estimated, so you get a chance to correct it.

It's a feature that has been asked by many users, since the GSX estimate might be wrong with airplane in a Cargo-Pax Combi configuration (747s, MD11, etc.) but, since it's not possible to know the "type" of a payload station being either passenger luggage or extra cargo, it's not really possible to do a correct estimate of the passenger number automatically, in a Combi configuration.

This could be solved, if airplane developers would use the GSX custom variables documented in the GSX manual, like the FS Labs A320 does. But, since we cannot expect all developers would do this, we added this feature, so you can direct tell GSX how many passengers the airplane is supposed to load.

And, because some users might be annoyed by the extra step, or don't used airplanes with a Cargo+Pas Combi configuration (so they never noticed the passenger number estimate to be wrong), we haven't set this option as being enabled by default.