Author Topic: No GSX Menu in P3D V4.3 but SODE Menu Working **SOLVED**  (Read 2952 times)

Eisbahn

No GSX Menu in P3D V4.3 but SODE Menu Working **SOLVED**
« on: July 10, 2018, 12:30:36 pm »
Hello Umberto
Since a couple of days I have the following problem:
When I press CTRL+SHIFT+F12 in P3D V4.3 the GSX menu does not display. I have tried all the suggestions in the forum without success, including reinstalling the CC++ files, and GSX.
I have also excluded the Addon Manager folder from the virus protection (Malwarebytes).
The SODE menu works correctly. I have all the menus under Addons (SODE, Addon Manager, Couatl Settings, Live Update, GSX). Everything else is also working normally, such as "Cusomize Aircraft" etc.
There is no response when pressing CTRL+SHIFT+F12. I also cannot start the GSX menu from the GSX toolbar (Show GSX Menu ..... etc).
I also do not have any conflicting key assignments. However, I did notice that I cannot alter the key mappings under the Couatl settings. Double clicking has no effect.
I have also noticed that the SimConnect window used by FSUIPC for a Lua Checklist Programme is no longer displayed as it was in P3D V4.2. However the Lua programme still works.
This problem only started after running the Live Update. Before this everything was working correctly. I have attached the latest couatl.log file. I do not have a couatl.err file.
Any help would be appreciated.
Eisbahn
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 02:02:38 pm by virtuali »

flyingfish

Re: No GSX Menu in P3D V4.3 but SODE Menu Working
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 09:03:32 pm »
You are not alone. I had exactly the same problem after I updated P3dV4. I have fixed it but unfortunately cannot remember how. I shall give it some thought and if I remember how I solved it I shall post a response.

flyingfish

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 10:01:33 pm »
Reading another thread below "DSX and P3dV4.3" I think I ran the liveupdate and that did the trick. Worth a try.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 08:28:48 am »
The SODE menu works correctly. I have all the menus under Addons (SODE, Addon Manager, Couatl Settings, Live Update, GSX). Everything else is also working normally, such as "Cusomize Aircraft" etc.
There is no response when pressing CTRL+SHIFT+F12. I also cannot start the GSX menu from the GSX toolbar (Show GSX Menu ..... etc).

If you see the Couatl and GSX menu, it clearly means GSX is working fine so, forget everything you read about antivirus, update, etc. because the problem doesn't have anything to do with any of our products, which are clearly running correctly.

The GSX settings menu is our own menu, so it's not dependent by Simconnect. While the normal menu and the toolbar menu are handled by Simconnect so, it seems your problem is a problem with Simconnect.

I have also noticed that the SimConnect window used by FSUIPC for a Lua Checklist Programme is no longer displayed as it was in P3D V4.2. However the Lua programme still works.

This clearly confirm my suspicion. You problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, and other Simconnect-using products are affected too. Try to reinstall it, by starting this file:

Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.MSI

Eisbahn

Re: No GSX Menu in P3D V4.3 but SODE Menu Working SOLVED
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 11:44:08 am »
Hello Umberto
Thank you for your prompt reply and valuable help. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the SimConnect.msi file.
Everything is now working again.