Author Topic: Wrong first menu with GSX  (Read 2296 times)

ampharoah

Wrong first menu with GSX
« on: July 05, 2018, 11:26:05 pm »
Hello,

Please can you advise.

Running P3Dv4.3 with GSX

When I load my flight at LOWW Gate D22 in P3D and press Ctl+F12 to start GSX for catering etc, I only get an option to 'Select parking facility at LOWW'.

I am already in position and don't want to move the aircraft from its current location, I want to start catering etc.

Why do I get a 'Select parking facility at LOWW' that forces me to move the aircraft and how can I stop this happening and get a 'services' menu (Deboarding, Catering, Pushback etc) coming up instead please?

I use to get the services menu first.

Thanks in anticipation

Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Wrong first menu with GSX
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 08:26:54 am »
If I understood your issue correctly, it seems you are (visually) in a parking, but you don't see the GSX parking menu, which means GSX doesn't think you are in a parking.

If this is your issue, it's usually caused by GSX not reading the correct AFCAD for that scenery, usually because there's another one in conflict. The most common cause of conflicting AFCADs are those that comes with AI Traffic package.

The GSX parking customization page will tell you which AFCAD is used by GSX.

ampharoah

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 12:29:50 pm »
Thanks Umburto

That's correct. Looks like My Traffic is the offending AI AFCAD. How do I resolve this please.

I tried renaming the .BGL file in the My Traffic>Scenery folder but that caused an error when I started GEX, saying it couldn't find the file. It seemed to be still looking for the previous AFCAD 'My Traffic' LOWW BGL and not automatically looking for a new AFCAD (Fly Tampa) to display.

I cant see any way to edit the AFCAD path displayed at the top of the GSX Customization form, to stop it looking at the wrong location and to point it toward the correct 'Fly Tampa ViennaV2' AFCAD location and I cant seem to find this in the manual anywhere?

Thanks for your guidance

Andrew
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 02:02:52 pm by ampharoah »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 02:43:28 pm »
I tried renaming the .BGL file in the My Traffic>Scenery folder but that caused an error when I started GEX, saying it couldn't find the file. It seemed to be still looking for the previous AFCAD 'My Traffic' LOWW BGL and not automatically looking for a new AFCAD (Fly Tampa) to display.

As explained in other threads about renaming AFCADs, you MUST "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" after a rename, because renaming a file won't update the folder last notification date, which GSX use to know a scenery has change, so it won't have to check each file, one by one (there might be many thousands), because it would slow down the startup a lot if it did.