Author Topic: new to gsx, trying to understand how it works  (Read 2466 times)

thenikos

new to gsx, trying to understand how it works
« on: June 05, 2018, 07:08:11 pm »
hi everybody, i am new to gsx and i try to understand the general way it works. that makes me have some questions. i use it with p3d v4, with majestic q400 and pmdg 747 v3.

1. after i bought it, i realised it doesnt work in all airports. for example i am very interested in lgsa, because i live there and 99% of my flights start from there. unfortunately there isnt a custom airport made and i use the default in p3d. it looks more like a ... stable than an airport :) :). reading here and there at the forum , i discovered ADE. my english as you can see is not very good so i cant say i totally understand how ade works but i manage to make some steps forward every day. so the question here is what qualifications an airport must have to be compatible with gsx? is ADE enough to make it compatible? or i have to use a gsx tool for example to convert the airport to be gsx compatible?

2. the sticky topic, list of supported airplanes, is made on 2012. is there an updated list?

3. is there a way to know which stock p3d airports are compatible with gsx? and is there a way to find out if a 3rd party developer airport is compatible with gsx before i buy it? i suppose fsdt airports are all compatible with gsx :)

thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: new to gsx, trying to understand how it works
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 12:27:00 am »
1. after i bought it, i realised it doesnt work in all airports.

It surely does.

for example i am very interested in lgsa, because i live there and 99% of my flights start from there. unfortunately there isnt a custom airport made and i use the default in p3d.

It usually works better with default airports, since some addon designer usually do strange/unusual things in the AFCAD that you might have to fix in GSX, but it's not usually required with default airport.

it looks more like a ... stable than an airport :) :).

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here but, I assure you GSX doesn't include/add any farming animals/equipment. Please clarify what do you mean with "looks like a stable".

so the question here is what qualifications an airport must have to be compatible with gsx? is ADE enough to make it compatible? or i have to use a gsx tool for example to convert the airport to be gsx compatible?

Nothing to do. GSX works perfectly without any changes, *especially* with default airports.

thenikos

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 08:29:34 am »
hi virtuali and thanks for your answer.

1. i will start from the ... "stable":
look how the lgsa airport is in p3d v4 default scenery and look how it is in real (i hope i attached the files right).
the airport in default p3d is just a square box. so i will try to improve it with ADE. the question is , do i have to do something special after i finish with ade so it will work with gsx?

2. and no , the default airport does not work with gsx. i face this problem: when i call the gsx services ctrl f12 i get this message: this parking is isolated, ground services are not available.
funny things is that 1st, gsx took me there (there is only one parking at default lgsa). so in the beggining gsx tells you, that there is a parking for you, and when it takes me there, i cant use the gsx services.

3. i use pmdg 747 v3and majestic q400. does it has something to do with it? i think not, because i have seen youtube videos using gsx with these planes.

4. i also noticed in some airports when i use the pmdg 747 that gsx says there is not suitable parking for that plane in that airport. i guess they dont have any gates for heavies. so also there gsx doesnt work and i would like to fix that. (what can i do? i love my 747 and i want to fly and gsx-park it everywhere) :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 02:52:41 pm »
the airport in default p3d is just a square box. so i will try to improve it with ADE. the question is , do i have to do something special after i finish with ade so it will work with gsx?

I don't understand how this could have anything to do with GSX, which only add ground support vehicles. It surely not supposed to change the appearance of airports, that's something addon sceneries will do.

2. and no , the default airport does not work with gsx

Yes, it does.

i face this problem: when i call the gsx services ctrl f12 i get this message: this parking is isolated, ground services are not available.

I checked the default LGSA airport and yes, that airport is unusable as it is, since it has only ONE parking, of the type "Fuel", which is also not connected to any taxiway. This would have been obvious if you just had a look at the airport with ADE, or if you chose the "Fault Finder" too, which reported that only parking as "Orphaned", which is the same thing as "Isolated" for GSX.

So, you just cannot say "GSX doesn't work in all airports", just because the ONE you tried is an incomplete one, with a single orphaned fuel parking.

If you want to use GSX there, you'll probably have to add at least ONE airplane parking, and connect it to the rest of the taxiway layout.

funny things is that 1st, gsx took me there (there is only one parking at default lgsa). so in the beggining gsx tells you, that there is a parking for you, and when it takes me there, i cant use the gsx services.

And why GSX should have prevented you to just move to the parking ? It's entirely normal it would complain of an isolated parking only when you call its services because, an isolated parking would prevent the vehicles finding their routes, but there wouldn't be any reason for prevent you to just move there.

4. i also noticed in some airports when i use the pmdg 747 that gsx says there is not suitable parking for that plane in that airport. i guess they dont have any gates for heavies. so also there gsx doesnt work and i would like to fix that. (what can i do? i love my 747 and i want to fly and gsx-park it everywhere) :)

Why you keep saying "GSX doesn't work" ? Have you even read the manual ? If you are trying to park on an airport that doesn't have any parking spots suitable for your airplane, GSX CORRECTLY prevents you to select them, because it would likely have issue moving vehicles around a very crammed space.

But of course, GSX being the flexible program that is, allows you to customize lots of things, without having to use ADE.

Have a read of the GSX manual, Page 31, the explanation of the Max Allowed Wingspan

thenikos

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 06:23:12 pm »
hi again,
i never said it is the gsx problem. i knew very well it is the airport problem thats why i asked how i could fix it. and i dont (didnt) know how to use ade.
but i followed your instructions, i watched/read also videos and i managed to fix lgsa :) i added a heavy gate , i put the right connections between the gate and the taxiway and now gsx works with lgsa airport p e r f e c t l y !!!!! :) i really like your product and you cant imagine how happy i am.
i also read the manual as you said and i saw some "advanced" capabilities gsx has, and can be customized but im almost 50 years old with wife and 2 kids so ... it is not for me :)
i want something simple in the 1-2 hours i can find everyday to fly, to work everywhere and always :)
thank you very much