Author Topic: GSX vehicles sunk into ground at KJFK v2  (Read 2282 times)

stevenka

GSX vehicles sunk into ground at KJFK v2
« on: April 11, 2018, 05:11:05 am »
This is the only airport that has this issue. Just installed. Updated all fsdt and Orbx airport elevation checks done. Aircraft and other objects are ok....it is just the GSX vehicles that are sunk into the ground and the GSX people have no feet visible.   Not a big deal, it just looks odd and I have seen previous posts on similar topics so I'm hoping there's an easy fix. Any help greatly appreciated !!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX vehicles sunk into ground at KJFK v2
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 09:37:10 am »
It depends how much they are "sunk". A few centimeters it's normal, and it's the result of the scenery being made in multi-layered native FSX polygons and, due to the fact it must be compatible with FSX and P3D, they must be raised a bit in order not to flicker over the terrrain.

The "real" fix, would be doing a native P3D version, like we are doing with KORD. KFJK will likely be the next one.

stevenka

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 01:32:24 am »
Here is a pic showing all objects on correct elevation but the GSX objects are 8" to 10" low. If a fix is coming in a future update to KJFK v2 then I can wait.  Thanks again...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 09:36:51 am »
As I've said, it's only a few centimeters (about 15 cm = 6", not 8/10") so, it's normal.

stevenka

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 01:56:05 am »
With both items FSDT products, I thought they would be a bit more compatible with each other. Add-on products are purchased to improve the immersion of the flight sim experience. It gets very lost during pushback when you see the tender walking back with you except he has no feet. Just my opinion. I'm not one to pick on small details of these products like some people do as I understand there is a balance needed between quality and performance to create a product like this but I think you missed the target with the simple elevation issue. I would live with less quality graphics or options in return for people with feet. Remember this is just FSDT JFK v2 and all other add-on airports work great and GSX looks fantastic everywhere else. Hope it somehow gets resolved in the future.

Stevenka

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 12:08:38 pm »
Try running the FSDT Live Update now, we might have found an easy solution, using the same method to deal with airports with unusual elevation (like Aerosoft LPMA), which can adjust the GSX ground altitude to match the scenery, without having to modify the scenery itself.